1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Realistic Life [WIP] 0.00

Living actually matters now.

1. iroaseta

iroaseta Aquatic Astronaut

iroaseta submitted a new mod:

Realistic Life [WIP] - Living actually matters now.

Read more about this mod...

2. iroaseta

Previous update notes:
    Max Hunger and Shiplocker treasure pool adjustment
    Increased Max Hunger to 400 because 200 isn't impactful enough. Also added 4 more Canned Food to Ship Locker for new characters. Also added a Math subsection for those who are interested.
    Jun 27, 2019

Added two new Hibernation Devices
    So I heard pausing hunger depletion is still helpful for multiplayers (where I don't have access to...) but I don't want bed to stop hunger because, it doesn't make sense! So I made two Hibernation Devices instead.
    One is Hibernation Pod, which you can craft anytime on the Industrial Workbench and the other one is Hibernation Force Cell, which can only be learnt upon finding a Force Cell in one of those USCM prisons. Both of them have different materials to craft.

Oh, I also made beds to not forcibly and sexually assault you by stripping off your clothes.
    Jun 27, 2019

Some changes
    - Changed mod name to Realistic Life.
    - Decreased Health regeneration for Full Belly buff from 100% HP to 30 HP. Cause I still find myself abusing it.
    - Added 5 Salves and 3 Bandages to the Ship Locker. There should be some first aids in the ship.
    - Trees now take 1 hour to grow instead of 5 minutes. Crops take about 30 minutes to grow, but trees only take 5 minutes? Please no.
    - Healing duration of Bandage and Nanowrap Bandage had been increased to 5 seconds. Cause OP.
    - In-game time had been increased to the ratio where 2 seconds in real life equates to 1 minute in-game to better reflect the hunger rate. There is a double day length but it is still not long enough.
    Jun 28, 2019

Hunger changes and Healing item changes
    Hunger changes
    - Starving now reduce your attack by 50% cause you're nearly dying in this state.
    - Hungry now reduce your attack by 20% cause you're hungry.
    - Full Belly now reduce your attack by 10% cause your belly has taken all the blood cells to help it digest the food you overeaten.

Healing item changes
    - Bandage now requires 4 additional Plant Fibers to craft. Still requires 5 seconds to heal 50 HP.
    - Medkit now requires 1 each of Scorched Core, Cryonic Extract, Static Cell, Venom Sample and Leather in addition to 5 Bandages cause you reverse-engineered the substances. No longer needs Phase Matter because...how does that help to heal you anyway? It now heals 250 HP in 20 seconds because it took your 5 bandages. Elemental Resistance buffs have been increased to 20 seconds because 2 seconds is too stingy and what the hell can you do with that anyway. Crafting it only gives 1 instead of 5 because you don't duplicate things out of thin air.
    - Nanowrap Bandage now requires 1 each of Static Cell, Cryonic Extract, Silicon Board and Stick of Ram in addition to the Synthetic Material and Living Root because it uses nano-technology stuffs to freeze your injured cells, shock your working cells to repair faster and a nutritious substance further enhances the healing effect. It now heals 100 HP in 2 seconds instead of 1 second. Crafting it only gives 1 instead of 5 because...well I mentioned it above.
    Jun 29, 2019

Changes!...duh.
    - Changed most files to use .patch...cause it's better for everyone else.
    - Ores now have 5% chance to spawn in chest instead of 16% to encourage mining activity more instead of jumping from planet to planet to skim the surface and grab whatever you can and leave.
    - Healing items now have 10% chance to spawn in chest instead of 16%.
    - Mother Poptop no longer drops 20 Core Fragments now. She drops 3 pickaxes instead. Good luck mining your first 20(?) Core Fragments.
    - Introduced Emergency Ration as a mean to refill hunger instantly with severe side effects which may also cause death. Loot a Cell Matter to unlock its recipe. Use with caution.
    [​IMG]
    - Nanowrap Bandage now slows you down by 60% for 3 seconds upon using as your body could not catch up with its rapid healing ability for a short brief of time. Better pick a good time to use it now.
    - Crystal Erchius Fuel (Now named Crystal Erchius) and Liquid Erchius Fuel (Now named Liquid Erchius) no longer can be used as ship fuel. You now have to breakdown / dilute them to Diluted Liquid Erchius through Industrial Furnace to use that as your ship fuel. Liquid Erchius has its priced increased to 10 pixels from merchants.
    [​IMG]
    The math is 2 Crystal Erchius = 1 Liquid Erchius, 50 Liquid Erchius + 50 water = 10 Diluted Liquid Erchius, 1 vanilla ship travel = 100 Fuel = 100 Diluted Liquid Erchius = 500 Liquid Erchius (5000 pixels) / 1000 Crystal Erchius
    This is to encourage players to actually mine the moon to its deeper core for its Liquid Erchius instead of grabbing whatever Crystal Erchius you can find on the surface of the moon and call it a day. A dilution system for (Diluted) Liquid Erchius will be largely rewarding now.
    Jul 1, 2019

Too many changes
    Literally, go read the overview again.
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/realistic-life.5779/
    Jul 5, 2019

Thirst update and a bunch of other stuffs
    Thirst System (Revived from https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/hunger-thirst.2953/ and tweaked)
    Statuses
    - Dehydration
    This happens when you reach 0 of thirst. It is similar to starving where you'll get continuous damage and 50% less attack power. However you also get 0 Energy upon this stage and 70% movement penalty.
    - Thirsty
    This happens when your thirst fall below 30%. You'll have the same penalty as hungry in addition to a very slow initiate time for energy regen.
    - Well hydrated
    It doesn't give you any benefit or penalty. You can't consume any more water. It's just a status check since I can't find a way to corporate a functioning bar

Water
    - Bottled Water is now Bottled Contaminated Water (BCW). It can be crafted on hand and it gives slow initiate time for energy regen upon consumption along with 10% penalty to movement and power.
    - Bottled Distilled Water is now craftable on Apothecary with 1 BCW and 1 Coal. It is safe to be drink and quench your thirst better than BCW.
    - Bottled Healing Water can be crafted on hand now. It doesn't quench your thirst though to prevent the abuse of easy clean water.

Math
    - It takes around 25~30 minutes for you to go from well hydrated to dehydration
    - It takes about 5 BDW / 8 BCW to reach well hydrated from dehydration and about 3 BDW / 5 BCW from thirsty to well hydrated.

Shiplocker changes
    - Adjusted numbers of supplies according to the Terrene Protectorate Field Guide where a ship must have 3 crew members at all time. There should be enough supplies for 3 people. Sleeping bags are also added.

Radio Messages
    - S.A.I.L. is now more informative for the new changes and items upon picking up corresponding material or inflicting status effects.

Small tweaks
    - Adjusted Canned Food description.
    - Animation for Slight Paralysis effect for Nanowrap Bandage now work properly
    - The sound effect of exiting the FTL sequence now uses the longer / original version instead of the shortened version in 1.4 update
    - Adjusted recipe for fuel to use coal for crafting
    - Reduced ore spawn chance in space encounter but increased spawn chance for sloped material
    - Glowsticks have their value reverted to vanilla (still quite bright and they were too bright). Flare is not reverted

Bug fix
    - Coal should be craftable by default
    - Effects for Emergency Ration are now properly applied
    - Longer Ship Travel Time no longer causes white screen on some hardware. Please report if you're still facing this issue
    Jul 11, 2019

"Bug" Fixes
    - Vending Machines and merchants now sell Bottled Distilled Water instead of Bottled Contaminated Water. Existing merchants have to be re-rolled I think.
    - 500 +/- liquid fuel you can find on space encounter is now reduced to 10x of small quantities (100, 250 and 50)
    - "Cooking" Bottled Distilled Water now unlocks the cooking collection. I know it doesn't make sense for something that is crafted in Apothecary to unlock a cooking collection but dilution in a cooking station sounds even weirder. Small compromise here.
    Jul 11, 2019

You can now gather water from mud in campfire
    Pretty much the title. I seriously dug a well for my new character (for testing) but realised that my planet couldn't rain due to Diverse Weather mod (just RNG). This should be the last tweak for now since I feel the rate is rather nice. Now I just have to play long enough and see how it goes. Please give me some feedback too!
    Jul 11, 2019

Moon and Fuel tweaks
    Fuel and Moon tweaks
    - The surface sfx now has a calmer sound effect
    - Liquids now have 0 price...water conversion / dilution system is too strong. Special thanks to @Catherine Franz for mentioning the water conversion / dilution system.
    - You can now craft Phase Matter Essence to prevent Erchius Ghost from spawning. Method to unlock is the same as other essences
    - Erchius Ore, Liquid and Diluted liquid no longer gives fuel. Instead, you've to craft them into Erchius Crystal which is enough for 1 FTL jump
    - Infinity Express now sells Erchius Crystal instead of Erchius Liquid
    - Changes of recipe as following :
    You can no longer turn ore into liquid
    Diluted Liquid is now moved to Atomic Furnace and requires AA Battery
    You can craft Erchius Crystal with two methods :
    200 Ore + 500 Liquid = 1 Erchius Crystal
    200 Ore + 250 Diluted Liquid = 1 Erchius Crystal
    It is FTL technology. It is supposed to be expensive to run.

Thirst tweak
    - You can now cook boiled water in campfire which only affect your energy regen initiate time. Special thanks to Nico for this suggestion.
    - All bottled water can now be stacked to 5 per slot
    - Try not to drink them too fast or else the game might not catch up with your speed and failed to properly increase your hydration and give you back a bottle

Farm animal tweak
    - Mooshi now drops milk at 90% chance and Phase matter at 10% chance

Longer Ship Travel Time tweaks
    - You now no longer orbit in or out for space dimensional travels (ie : Going to a unvisited planet will no longer make you orbit down to space for no reason / going from a space dimension to another space dimension will not make you orbit at all). Your ship will still do the orbit things when you leave or arrive on a planet / docking things. Your ship also still accelerate and decelerate.

Small tweaks
    - Glowsticks now no longer break upon contacting with monsters
    - Changed water description
    - More mud for more water in one go cause getting 1 liquid per crafting is ridiculous
    - Tungsten and Durasteel bar has the ore amount required increased by 1
    - Woven Fabric now is 4x more expensive
    Jul 14, 2019

Some bug fixes, and small tweaks
    Perfect Armor Tweaks
    - Perfect Armor set has been buffed to make it the "Jack of All Trades" armor set. It was nerfed too hard.
    Attack 300% > 330% [Max is 360]
    Health 60 > 90 [Max is 120]
    Energy 60 > 105 [Max is 150]
    - Perfect Armor pieces have their price adjusted to the number of PGI they needed to craft. IE Trousers are 20k Pixels instead of 50k Pixels. This is perhaps the most "???" thing I ever seen.
    - Perfect Armor now requires refined aegisalt, ferozium, violium and solarium stars to craft. Buffed items should be harder to get.
    - Perfect Generic Item now requires additional crafting ingredients :
    1x Bio Sample
    1x Crystal
    1x Coral Fragment
    1x Prism Shard
    1x Slime Blob
    1x Diamond
    More exploration!

Time
    - It now varies from 2 seconds = 1 minute to 3 seconds = 1 minute to avoid all the planets share the same day and night cycles. Not cool to have all planets at nights.

Thirst
    - Thirsty is now 25% instead of 30%. When you're respawning you'll have 26%. Hopefully it is less irritating now.
    - Bottled water has their hydration rate adjusted accordingly where the amount of bottled water remain the same for you to go from thirsty to well hydrated etc.
    - Bottled Boiled Water now unlocks the Cooking Collection. Yay cooking!
    - You can now burn snow and ice in campfire to get water. Ice materials will require a coal. Well, cause they are...ice.

Farm Animal
    - Due to an unforeseen bug where you'll get duplicate animals when you warp to your ship before the egg hatches, the egg now hatches in 1~5 seconds. Hopefully it'll be "fixed" in one of the future updates.
    - Due to how timer will not count when you're not on the planet of the animals for them to evolve, they take 5 minutes to grow now. Same as above actually...
    - All animals now take about 20~30 minutes to produce a product. Since I buffed the drop rate a bit you know.

Phase Matter Essence
    - It's kinda OP. You now require 10 Phase Matter to craft one. Duration is also reduced from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. It was cool to mine in peace but it was too chill.
    Jul 20, 2019

More tweaks
    Chefs and Merchants
    - They now sell stuffs from 1x to 2x of the item's base price. Originally 1x. Some are stingy, some are nice.
    - They also buy your stuffs for 0.2x to 0.3x. Originally 0.2x.

Drinks
    - Most drinks require water to cook / make now.
    - Most of them use the inferior hydration rate with the exception of Coconut, Cactus and Reef Juice.
    - Almost all of the drinks now increase your hydration with the exception of milkshake / shake and...Glitch's drink. I can't imagine how Glitch's drink is like with all those bulbs and screws.

Thirst
    - The duration from well hydrated to thirsty is now 25 minutes long. You still need the same amount of bottled water to quench your thirst.
    - Added Water Distiller and Water Machine DX.
    Water Distiller requires water and bottle to craft BDW without any coal but it needs 5 seconds to craft. Craftable on 2nd tier Inventor Table.
    Water Machine DX requires a bottle to craft BDW and takes 1 second to craft. Craftable on 3rd tier Inventor Table.
    [​IMG]

Healing Item
    - Medkit is nerfed from 300 HP in 20 seconds to 240 HP in 20 seconds (15HP/sec > 12HP/sec)

On-Ear Light
    - Added PGI version.
    - Tweaked Simple Glasses On-Ear Light's graphic to make it slimmer.
    Jul 29, 2019

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Interesting set of changes.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Maybe I need to check out the assets since I have a planet size mod I would want to keep compatible with this.
    So going by that, you can stuff more food in a once if you hate stopping to eat all the time. This I like. But ultimately you need to eat a whole lot more food. 5.7x stomach hunger capacity that you burn through in only 2x time. I can see the reason why, but I'd suggest an alternation - though it is your mod so do as you like.

But my suggested alteration is to somewhat lower the base hunger rate from where you have it, but when you regenerate energy then you also deplete hunger in the process. Burning energy means you need more calories to replace it. This adds another sort of balance. Late game players will use - then regenerate - more energy, thus late game players will naturally need to eat more food. Also my tech mod at least does make my techs expend energy too, so that idea plays together well IMO.

You are incorporating Tile Effects. Also mentioned is crashing with FU. Without seeing a log, I could guess those two things are related. FU incorporated TE. But I went and completely re-wrote their implementation in a way I think works better. One notable change is that the tile effects configs are stored in an easy to read JSON file, so that's easier to maintain/tweak. You may want to check that out, and use whatever code you find useful. Or if you'd want my help on that, I don't mind. And if that isn't the reason for the crash, I could check it out and help resolve it either way.

iroaseta likes this.
  4. iroaseta

I used UniGen as the base and I think all of us use the same way by using the replace parameter in the .patch files to change the planets' layers' block size, CMIIW. I think I need to make it much smaller though as you can see in one of the screenshots I used 5 hours just to complete the first planet by digging into the core layer. Actually I still don't understand how to make one mod compatible with another mod when both mods try to alter the same base / vanilla asset so that is probably why this mod would be incompatible with a lot of other mods that try to do the same thing. Well, I planned to make most of the changes in Realistic Life modular when I don't have to make constant changes anymore to make it a workaround for players to pick and play since the beginning.

Yeah, this was made to encourage cooking better food because in vanilla you kinda just stack bunch of rice and make boiled rice, or those better food usually just overfeed you lol.

This sounds interesting but as you might've known my .lua "skill" is very limited. It seems like I need to hook energy regeneration and hunger in someway and I'd have to make them only interact when energy is depleting / regenerating. This change will make the hunger thing a progressive thing where players can have an easier time in the beginning, definitely. But it also kinda make the players to think twice before crafting a set of armor or using certain weapons to reserve energy too. I don't think this'd happen someday due to my .lua ability but this idea sounds good nonetheless.

To be honest I never use FU and just collected this finding from other players in the past. I'd think about this when Realistic Life is reaching 1.0 release or something.

Thanks for the feedback though! :3

5. Tzarina8472

Tzarina8472 Void-Bound Voyager

Finally found this after the old version of the mod no longer exists. Good Luck with it.