Reasons to replay the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tudrare555, Feb 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. tudrare555

tudrare555 Yeah, You!

Hi,

I bought the game last year, and I spent almost 100 hours in a game world, but then I got bored because of nothing to discover, and now I saw a video on Youtube of this game and I want to try it again and start from zero. Can you give me some reasons to make a new world and reinvest time and effort trying to make a better farm?

Thank!

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Stardew to me is similar to an RPG in that the journey is way more important than the destination. I like to try the different farm layouts and different playstyles. I've had farms where I focused on winemaking, farms where I grew crops just to sell raw, farms where I had minimal crops but made money from raising ducks & pigs, etc. Going through 2-3 years on a half dozen different playthroughs is just much more fun for me than going through 10+ years on 1 playthrough.

Saraneth and TaleSpinnerGames like this.
      • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Try it with a few new mods =3

Saraneth likes this.
        • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I also play through a lot of short saves. I don't treat it as an RPG so much as a sandbox strategy game, and set myself goals. Things like; Catch all the fish in one year(Been there, done it.) Rush to a million dollars(Quickest so far is Spring of year 2) Some nights I'll play through a new day-one, just to unwind and look for a more efficient path to meet everybody. For me the endgame just kinds of peters out. The real fun is year 1.

Honeywell and Saraneth like this.
          • ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

You could always go darkside and try a Joja playthrough.

Saraneth likes this.
            • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

I seem to run out of steam/interest in a save by the middle of year 3. I generally have my farm set up and automated nicely, maxing my farming and production output as best I can. I like the clearing up and creating the farm part of the game most, so I tend to start new saves often just for the fun of the initial setting up and maxing my farming abilities on the map I use.
              I was going to abandon the current save I'm playing, but realized I could shove another 140+ kegs in the tunnel so I need to fill all that up first and see what that does for my weekly income. haha

Honeywell likes this.
              • Honeywell

Honeywell Phantasmal Quasar

"Make a better farm."

^That is reason enough for me -- I do like coming up with a good strategy! I'll play through a game on my own and either once was enough or I liked something about the game enough to want to revisit it. I'll play challenge scenarios, add or create mods and/or custom content for my favorite games and in the last few years even let's plays. Those things change up the experience just enough for me to enjoy replaying all over again.

Don't over think it, is my advice. Jump in and start a new farm and if you're excited to play and are having a good time keep playing. If not, that's ok too. Maybe the upcoming update will spark your interest and you'll pick the game back up then. :)

• Papierzasta

Papierzasta Void-Bound Voyager

Try the 1-year Community Centre challenge, where you have to complete the Community Centre in 1 year (duh). Not as easy as it sounds.

Try making money that is paired with the farm layout. River layout - make money fishing, forest layout - focus on foraging, etc. It can be a lot of fun and makes you think outside the box.

Focus on befriending everyone in one year. Plant only the crops that make good gifts and give them away!

Run a Completionist farm - try to complete all the challenges and collections as soon as possible.

Or just wait for the update. It will add new single player content and a co-op mode!