1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Reconnect feature during mid level please

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mo1016, May 25, 2015.

1. mo1016

mo1016 Space Hobo

I really love this game, but disconnecting issues during coop play is really frustrating at times. Please add an option to reconnect players during mid level (between stages) as players drop during coop is frequent. Thank you.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    • mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

This would be an amazing thing to add, but I'm not sure how they would go about it. If the host loses connection, that's it, GG, run over.

But if one that joined disconnected, maybe the game could save the items that were held by the player (and the character level, lose exp progression however to save space/reduce memory usage) on the host's side and wait for any incoming connection, putting that player (whether the disconnected or a new guy) in the dropped position (such as 4 players in, 2nd drops, the host, 3rd, and 4th all stay in their same 'slot' and the person can join back up at any time (or like you said, between levels) and retain what they had).

This would be my idea, but like I said, how the devs would manage adding this in is beyond me. I only worked with Game Maker 7 for a short time, they used 8 (maybe 8.1) and remade it under GM Studio (which is quite different in ways). I'm not sure if GM could handle it or not (likely can, but with this game specifically? I'm not sure).