RELEASED Refined Portraits 2017-03-21

Slight edits made to vanilla portraits that make them better!

1. Chrysanthe

Chrysanthe Starship Captain

Chrysanthe submitted a new mod:
    Refined Portraits - Slight edits made to vanilla portraits that make them better! For Harvey, Alex, Shane, Abigail, Emily and Elliott

Chrysanthe's Refined Portraits
    Here are my slight edits to the original portraits. I made them because of little things that irked me, or ways I thought would make the characters look more attractive. So far there's Harvey, Alex and Shane.
    I like to keep my edits small and true to the vanilla style so that even when you replace just one portrait, they still mesh in well with the rest of the ingame portraits.
    You can also check previews of their portrait sheets below for comparison.

For Harvey: Removed mustache, slimmed his face, made nose less bulbous, changed where his hair parted. I will probably make a mustache version to add back later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For Alex: He has a lazy eye in several of his portraits so I edited that. Also slimmed the side of his face a bit and lightened some shadows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For Shane: Slimmed his face down, changed placement of his eyes and mouth, added some shadows and lowered his neckline a bit. Patched up the hole in his hoodie a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For Abigail: I wanted to make her hair look a bit more normal and get rid of the octopus parts in there. Her face has been slimmed a bit and the nose changed. Her outfit looks a bit weird so I smoothed it out and gave her a whole new inner tshirt. More of her arms are also showing now. I think she looks more mature too.
    [​IMG]

For Emily: She got a whole hair makeover since it was a mess and looked nothing like her sprite. Her outfit was also changed to a sleeveless red dress, The shadows on her face have been toned down. I really like what I did with her, and I hope you do too.
    [​IMG]

For Elliott: I worked off one of his old portraits, updated it, and edited it to my liking. I made his expressions based off of his vanilla portrait to the best of my ability. Not happy with all of them but I think its good enough.
    [​IMG]

For Maru (nexusmods download only):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Instructions:
    . This mod replaces the original portrait .xnb files found in Content\Portraits. Please make a backup of the original files if necessary.
    . Unzip or extract the files for the portraits you want to replace after downloading.
    . Place (or replace) the file(s) into the Stardew Valley folder under Content\Portraits.

NexusMods Download Links:
    Bachelor's Refined Portraits
    Abigail, Emily & Maru Portraits

Thanks for downloading!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
      dasheranne, Ankhr, SarahKik and 3 others like this.
    • Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really like your version of Alex! I definitely think he looks much better with a slimmed down face, since I always felt that his cheekbones were a bit too broad.

Quick question though, would you possibly take a small request? I'd love for a version without his cleft chin, I think that with the slimmed down face would be magnificent. I do apologise for asking (since I understand how time consuming this can be), but I am useless with modifying pixel art :zzz:

• Chrysanthe

Here you go~
        I think he looks better without it too.
        [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Koutetsu likes this.
        • Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OMG THANKS!!!!

• Chrysanthe

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

Abigail, Elliot, and Emily's portrait edits don't seem to be included in the zip file. Is there a separate download for them that I'm missing?

Chrysanthe likes this.
            • Chrysanthe

• SalixTree

SalixTree Void-Bound Voyager

I really love that new Elliot! Such a sweet face!
              But I still can't seem to find the proper download for him. Am I looking in the wrong place maybe?

• Chrysanthe

Chrysanthe updated Refined Portraits with a new update entry:

Hopefully it works this time.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tried uploading again :( I hope its working now. Thanks for letting me know!
                I also included links to download from nexusmods in my first post.

• spacedoggity

spacedoggity Void-Bound Voyager

All the files are included now, thanks for the update! :)

• cocodojo

cocodojo Void-Bound Voyager

Elliot always struck me as the ascot wearing slightly English gentleman type, but why was it his vanilla portrait sideways with such "stiff" hair on the side away from us? Its like his hair is twice the size of his head in the vanilla game, but this slightly turned portrait is much nicer.

Also... what was with that odd nurse outfit for Maru in the base game? I'm so glad yours makes her actually look more like a nurse.