Relationship-Aware Villager Dialogue

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Prinnia, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Prinnia

Prinnia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure if this has been brought up, but while I really love the variance in dialogue that the villagers often have, sometimes I wish they would react more to your developing relationships with the people around them.

I know it'd probably be a laborious task to have ALL of your interpersonal relationships referenced, but I think it'd be cool if at least perhaps cliques/families of the people you're romancing had a comment here or there about it. Like, maybe a character's friends tease you about it a bit when you give that character the bouquet, or a character's mom reacts to finding out that her child is engaged. Maybe have the chance to talk to characters at the wedding like you would at a festival, instead of it just being a brief cutscene.

This is just something that's always disappointed me a bit about HM games, so I figured I'd suggest it here. Not sure how hard it'd be to add in though. I just found it funny that, literally the day I proposed to Sebastian, Robin said to me, "Hey, have you met my son? He's a little shy, but he'll warm up if you get to know him..."

• Njord

Njord Void-Bound Voyager

That would actually be really nice. More dialouge and more "intrigues" so to speak.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, I mean...Kent mentions the fact that you befriended his whole family and everything (if you did)...so why can't the others?

Sam: "I loved Penny, but she chose you! YOU BETTER MAKE HER HAPPY!" ...stuff like that could be great. :3

• Prinnia

Prinnia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Haha, I didn't know he felt that strongly about her, but I almost never talk to them...

The thing with Robin happened again today though. The exact quote is "You've met my son Sebastian, right? He lives downstairs. He's a little shy, but I'm sure he'll warm up to you if you're nice to him."
          Poor Sebastian is so neglected in favor of his mom's new family that she hasn't even noticed he moved out...

Although to be fair, I did think it was super cute and nice that part of Sebastian's Monday excursion is visiting his mom, which she is really happy about according to him. At least on the spouse's side, I think the conversations progress really nicely.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

He doesn't say that, I'm saying CA could MAKE IT so he says that...if you've befriended him enough or whatever. Cause, y'know..."Just want her to be happy!" and all...and I'm pretty sure this is the INTENDED coupling before you show up. ^^

I imagine the spousal dialogues are just the START of the post-marriage dialogue changes, though. Hopefully CA has the dialogue of the other NPCs change when you marry someone...especially if that person is a member of a family (Sam with the rest of his family, Seb/Maru and their family, Abby and hers, etc.).

it'd also be interesting if Emily and Haley's parents came back (especially if Emily becomes a marriage candidate) and comments on your marriage if you marry into it.

Also, where's YOUR family's reactions? It's like they don't actually care, haha. :rofl: