RELEASED Relationship UI Bar v1.0

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SlyMerc, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SlyMerc

SlyMerc Void-Bound Voyager

Ever been wondering how much experience you need to level up your friendship with someone? Wonder no more!

Introducing the Relationship Bar UI! This simple mod allows to access to seeing your process through your relationships. Don't want everyone's information cluttering your screen? You can go to the config file and simply set anyone's information you wish not to see as "false".

Activation/deactivation is currently mapped to the "R" button, which is also available for rebounding.

Download: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1009/? or
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6da6ho6pwanzwc/RelationshipBar-0.9v.zip?dl=0

Install
    1. Install SMAPI
    2. Unzip the mod folder into Stardew Valley/Mods.
    3. Run the game using SMAPI.

For StardewValley v1.1 and SMAPI.

Road Map
    V1.0 (Official Release): Playtesting confirms that unlocking characters adds them to the UI if enabled and all characters are correctly available on the UI.
    V1.1: Ability to detect if the upper left corner of the screen is being in use by other UI and adjusts its starting point accordingly
    V1.2: In addition (or instead of) sitting in the top right corner of the normal game scene, the experience bars will be located within the relationship menu itself, along side your normal information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting Bugs
    Please make sure you have the latest version of SMAPI and the mod.

When reporting bugs, please include information about your operating system, game resolution, other mods, and/or events occurring before/at the time.

Attached Files:

Androxilogin and Acerbicon like this.
    • SlyMerc

Patch Notes for Version 1.0:
      - added fix where Dwarf and Krobus wouldn't show up properly
      - added detection if another mod "Experience Bars" had been downloaded
      - added wrap around if relationship bars were to be placed off screen

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

It would be really cool if you could make it so it only popped up for a specific character when there was a change in their relationship level. Say, I talk to Lewis, our relationship changes slightly so it shows a bar above his head (or in the corner, etc) for a certain amount of time then fades and disappears.

Hammurabi likes this.
        • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Combine this, with the bars popping up if you hover your cursor over a NPC, and it'd be perfect without taking up the whole dang screen! :p

• SlyMerc

I can look into this! Most likely it will be in the corner. My research hasn't shown if the ability to figure out where a NPC is on screen is possible.

Due to the inability to find where a NPC is on screen, I don't think this would be possible. If anyone could point me to a mod where they pull this off, I would be more than happy to try and implement this feature!

Hammurabi and Androxilogin like this.
            • Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Well, the Lookup Anything mod pulls up data about whatever is under the mouse cursor when you press F1, including NPCs. I'd imagine that the logic would at least be similar.

As for hovertext around moused-over items in general, CJB Show Item Sell Price displays an extra description box with the prices when you hover over any item in your inventory.

• SlyMerc

Patch Notes for Version 1.1:
                -added detection for mod "Cooking Skill" and " Luck Skill"
                -new feature: Timed Bars - UI appears only if the relationship exp has changed
                - set on or off (true/false) within the config file
                - set how long the UI stays on

Attached Files:

Hammurabi and Androxilogin like this.
                • SlyMerc

Hmm... I will have to look into the "Lookup Anything Mod" then. It looks like that should work. The Show Item Sell Price uses the same logic that shows the descriptions of all the items in your inventory. Won't be useful outside menus.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is quite possible to figure out where a NPC is on screen, but you need to do some viewport coordinates to location coordinates math to get the location x,y to check for a NPC, and then you can check the characters list to see if any NPC is at that coordinate.

Hammurabi and SlyMerc like this.