Reminds me of the OLD Harvest Moon Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DatYandereGirl, May 19, 2013.

1. Elvis

Elvis Astral Cartographer

To each his own. Some games are fucking fantastic to one person, completely boring to another, can't please everyone.

• Lumina

Lumina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Like when someone says AWL was the best Harvest Moon game ever, mean while I consider it one of the worst, though mainly because of pacing and replay value in my opinion.

Similar to how Gundam fans in the United States say Gundam Wing is one of the best, despite being the first Gundam I ever saw, I consider it in the top list of worst Gundam anime I've ever seen. lol

• JazzPigeon

JazzPigeon Starship Captain

That's so weird, because Gundam Wing is the only Gundam thing I've ever watched, and while I don't remember the plot, I remember thinking favorably of it.
        and I live in the states... why is this? o_O

• Elvis

Never been a big anime fan. I do like conventions tho like anime weekend in atlanta......sometimes it's just fun to just nerd out. :3

• Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Actually, I found out about Stardew Valley through the Starbound site.

As for Harvest Moon AWL...the only things I really liked about it were the crop "upgrade" system and the hybrid crops.

• krawky398

krawky398 Ketchup Robot

My feelings are basically this, although I have that sort of feel about Wing since friends and not watching it myself. Also, Another Wonderful Life was a bit better since each chapter only took a year.

I still think Mineral Town is the best Harvest Moon, although Rune Factory 3 ties it if it counts. Magical Melody second, too.

Still, Stardew is a definite buy when it's out, for me anyway.

• Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Rune Factory spinoff was the best thing ever to happen to the series, in my opinion. Though, personally, I think it would be interesting to see a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory universe crossover game.

DatYandereGirl likes this.
                • Lumina

Rune Factory at least the first gave a bad taste in my mouth. I found myself adventuring and ignoring the entire farming and social aspects of the game. I thought to you my self "I might as well just go play Zelda or something, it's better adventure wise."

Mineral Town is great, it has one major pro over Back to Nature even, it is easier to pick up the gosh darn chicken eggs! For some reason, on Back to Nature it is a pain to line your character up just right to pick up an egg. I dunno why that made it through testing, but Harvest Moon 64, or Harvest Moon SNES were not like that, nor was Friends of Mineral Town or any other Harvest Moon after, just Back to Nature.

• Elvis

I like rune factory, the first one was ok, not really good but thats just because it was a different thing to deal with. They did make it better in 2 and only reason I stopped playing 3 is because I saw that 4 is supposed to come out this summer.....but I'm gonna wait for reviews before getting......or I might just get amnesia from the fail it could bring. :p

• DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

RF1 was pretty meh. They did get better overtime and learned how to make the game properly when the second one came out

• Lumina

It is actually my only fear for Stardew Valley, the fact they're adding adventure features into their farming game. Much rather then focus entirely on farming/characters/events and release the adventure features and dungeon stuff later, as a add-on or expansion. Since the dev is already working on it it's today sadly. So again I have worries because of it. How much will everything else get dumb downed to find the time to get all the mining/dungeon/fighting monster stuff into the game working right? When that time could of been used perfecting everything else.

• Elvis

I still have high hopes for the game, it will still be good. I'm sure over time more updates will add to the fun.

• Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I wouldn't get overly worried about it. People already went there, with considerable success - vide Rune Factory series. And while I also must stress that things like having a nice, interesting farm and complex character interaction (by which I mean non-cliche, developed and actually making a difference during gameplay dialogues) are somewhat of a priority for me, I like it the way it is done right now. Especially in this day and age where some developers go too far and start adding things that shoudl be in the core game as expansions/add-ons. It's often a rather bad practice which I'd discourage.

• Lumina

What Rune factory did to me was cause me to adventure rather than just farm, I found myself just growing crops so I could adventure longer, gathering resources so I can get better weapons to adventure. Farming as a side show, the goal was to adventure. That is my worry. I only hope the whole mining and dungeon stuff is optional, ie isn't needed or required. Personally I don't like the idea of having adventuring on Stardew, then again a lot of other people will be the complete opposite of me. I just hope as I said earlier that it isn't required to enjoy the game, as in an option to make the game a bit brighter and more interesting to more people.

Runefactory it was required for in game progression, that is bad personally.