Remove Questing system

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Scellow, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Scellow

Scellow Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's a sandbox game, don't include questing system

The quests is what the player want to do, nothing else

Don't make it looks like an Asian grinding f2p mmo, WE DONT WANT QUEST

2. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Quests are always going to be a part of the game now. The current quests are just mostly placeholders while the dev team focusses on tweaking the game engine itself. If you don't like quests. Don't do them.

3. Scellow

I heard quests are requiered to unlock techs, i don't want the progression to rely on questing, the progression should be natural, not NPC-Quest driven, i dont want starbound to be a Asian F2p MMO-like

4. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

Alternative ways to progress will come in later in developement. For now Questing is the only way, but that won't always be the case. For now. If you want to skip ahead tiers just use /admin

5. Scellow

Let's hope it won't rely on quests, they could use their quest system for species hunting, bandit hunting, helping civilisation or explore things for money or fuel as reward only

6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Who is this WE you speak of?

Drakalen, Hel and Airling like this.
  7. Scellow

Peoples who play sandbox games, by definition in sandbox games , the progression should not be quest driven

8. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

@Scellow Maybe Starbound isn't the type of game for you? Maybe if you let us know what your idea is of what should govern progression we might begin to get somewhere. "sandbox" is a vague term at best.

9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Theoretically there is only one game that can be considered a 100% bonafide sandbox and that's Gary's Mod.

Iris Blanche, Jonesy and Dust like this.
  10. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

nah... I'm sure THIS is what the op wants Starbound to be:

[​IMG]

11. Scellow

Stay on topic please, don't act like a kid ..

12. Airling

Airling Void-Bound Voyager

I understand what you mean, but to me this sounds rather... boring. Games become really interesting to me when they evolve and don't just confine themselves to one area/genre.

This game is obviously frustrating you, so maybe don't think about it too much? Go find something you do enjoy. Life's too short.

13. illuminati168

illuminati168 Aquatic Astronaut

Since there are quests, this game isn't really a full sandbox game, games like minecraft and garys mod are.
    I would just wait until an update comes out adding what I want rather than making everyone else sad because they love doing quests to advance the story. Didnt think about those people did you?

The | Suit likes this.
  14. Scellow

Ok i give up, good luck with the future of starbound

15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The great thing about starbound is its flexible nature.
    You are of course entitled to your own opinion.

But more than likely quests will always be a thing, though the nature of the current progression system will change by release.
    If I remember right the new quests \ progression work is still 3 updates away.
    • Next being Colony update
    • Then Weapons Update
    • Finally Quests near the end.
    Though that doesn't mean option is permanent.
    You are free to remove all the quests your self - and enjoy the game how ever you want.

To start you off you can read my guide
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/unofficial-modding-ebook.2930/

Then modify the game in the way you wish to play it.
    Since it would seem your opinion is in the minority - at least you can find a group of like minded individuals and make game style for your selves and release to others who maybe interested in your views as well.

16. Scellow

Are you trying to say i'm closed minded and selffish ? Don't be stuck in this forum, discuss with people, don't just read positive comments about starbound, it's not the majority you well anyways i leave this forum people over here don't seems to accept negative comments/review
    Bye

17. illuminati168

illuminati168 Aquatic Astronaut

well this is good. the majority do seem to like the questing system, seeing as this forum is not filled with people saying "to hell with the quests, make it 100% sandbox!"

Darklight likes this.
  18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Woah, slow down a bit. I don't believe swatelite is trying to insult you in his post, just pointing out some things. I think the reason why others are rejecting your suggestion aren't because it's negative, but it's not necessary (Although bias against negative posts are bound to be present sometimes). There will be methods of progression in the future that will completely bypass questing, such as farming or doing colony progression. Therefore you do not have to encounter quests at all during your progression (to my knowledge).

But, if you've already left and will never see this, then goodbye.

19. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It sort of how reality works.
    If your opinion was accurate there would have been more people in this thread supporting your statement.
    But as you can clearly see from the replies that does not seem to be the case.

You also have to accept negative opinions is a two way street, which means you have to accept people disagreeing with your point of view.
    From the way you reacted you do not want a discussion on the topic, you just want people to agree with you.
    Unfortunately this time you faced a situation where no one supported your point of view. You will just have to bite the bullet and just accept - maybe your opinion may not be the popular one.

All I did is provide you with a viable alternative that many users have done.
    For example Mr. Chow did not like how the old elements of the game were being removed.
    So he created a Mod which brought back the old game play style.

An I have given you the tools - which contains all the information necessary for you to do the same.

20. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

And you don't need techs to get to tier 6 (In theory, considering that Shockhopper is very difficult to kill).