Modding Help Remove shadows from placed items?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by tangeriney, Jul 25, 2018.

Tags:
?

should i just let it go lol

1. yes, it's not worth the effort

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no, if you have an idea it's important to figure it out, even if it can't be done

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. tangeriney

tangeriney Subatomic Cosmonaut

I may be a bit out of my depth here. I've been trying to figure out how to remove shadows from items when they're placed on furniture. The shadows are just a bit too strong and for something I'm trying to do it looks awful. I thought at first they were a part of the item sprites themselves, but when I went to edit them I realized this isn't the case.

I figured out that they use the regular shadow.xnb when placed (ie: on a table). Is there a simple way to edit this so that the shadow does not appear on placed items ONLY?

I've never done any type of game coding before, but I feel like if someone could even just help me find the bit of code that makes this happen so that I can take a look at it, I'd feel better.

Honestly, for what I'm trying to do I'm sure it's not worth the effort, but... I'm special and I need things to look just right ;P In any case, part of me just needs to know if it CAN be done.

Thanks!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Removing shadows just on furniture is doable, but would require some heavy-handed manipulations, for a first C# project I would not recommend it.

tangeriney likes this.