(Request) Buy wood from Robin in larger amounts

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RoastedCoconutz, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Well, atm the price for buying a stack of 999 is exactly the same as buying each piece of wood seperately, so there isnt rlly any money saved :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

But see... that's like how they get you. Only the hot dogs and pizza is cheap. lolol

RoastedCoconutz likes this.
      • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am currently working on my code some to clean it up and make it easier for me to add extra items in the future :)

Ichimatsu likes this.
        • Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, fiber is pretty scarce. You may even add hardwood and clay, for the late game and whatnot. Or even decor items. The possibilities are limitless (well, the API limits it :p). For the time being, the hassle of buying wood in the late game is a thing of the past! Thank you, kind sir!

taintedwheat likes this.
          • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

For those I think I should at least make it so robin doesnt sell it until the second year, since she doesnt sell them by default...

Ichimatsu likes this.
            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

... Dang, just found a bug while refactoring things :rofl:

Apparently I forgot to check if the shop you are opening is robins shop, so the code is currently getting called for all shops... :rofl:

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

lol yes, I just bought some wood packs from Pierre. I just make believe Robin has branched out to sell at Pierre's or something and is still getting the money :p

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Just published a update that fixes all the bugs AND makes the unpacking happen sooner (The second you drop it into your inventory)

• She Meows

She Meows Subatomic Cosmonaut

Right hand: holding the mouse and right clicking.
                    Left hand: browsing this website on mobile and trying to find some interesting mod :rofl:

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Feel free to add pine/oak oil/maplesyrup to robin at whatever the cost. My farms will remain torturing oak tree heretics like the good old inquisition until that day no one expects arrives.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You'll be able to do so yourself :p
                        Adding a config file is actually stunningly easy....

So just got around to finalizing the conditionals, got x10 and x50 sales up at pierre's, just need to do a final testrun to make sure everything is working as it should, and then 1.2 will be released.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                        • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Super nice, with the ability to buy tree blood, I guess I could hold off on doing really evil things with the farm map.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Version 1.2 now out, add custom stock to your hearts content.

Might add the ability for people to add custom stock that isnt stacks in 1.3
                            (For now you can set the stack amount to `1`, but it will still be a stack instead of a normal shop item)

BoffoBoy likes this.
                            • RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh hell yeah!

You are awesome! My expectations have been exceeded and then some.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

no worries, it was a fun and interesting project to work at, I discovered a lot of new things during the project that made me a better C# programmer in the end :)

• RoastedCoconutz

So... how does one go about making a config file if they wanted to add, say, oak resin to Pierre's shop? Have any favorite tutorials you could possibly point me towards?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You would add a new entry to the list of stacks:

Code:
                                    ["SeedShop","725","STACKAMOUNT",""]
                                    Keep in mind that you need to put a comma at the end of the previous entry, but after that, it would work easily :)
                                    I've left the stack amount as STACKAMOUNT so you get to choose what it is :)

• RoastedCoconutz

Thanks for the code, I'll give it a whirl.

• RoastedCoconutz

So I was editing the config file and noticed that some of the entries say, for example,
                                        Code:
                                        ["!secondYear,spring"]
                                        and some do not have the ! at the beginning. What does this mean?