[Request] Gunshop

Discussion in 'Mods' started by FateSeries, Jul 16, 2016.

1. FateSeries

FateSeries Space Hobo

Can someone make gun?
    shotgun,pistol, assault rifle...
    any range weapon but that slingshot...

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Currently not possible, it requires more influence into Stardew internals then SMAPI can provide.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

Is that because the graphics for the items when you're using them/have them equipped aren't in the Content folder and thus aren't accessible? Because I was just wondering why we couldn't replace the image of the slingshot with a different weapon, but I don't think I've seen the animations for that one. The axe and stuff is there somewhere, sure -- but I don't know about the slingshot.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

No, the problem is that we cant interface with the animation code for the player deeply enough to actually animate these new objects.
          The other two major issues, out-of-content-resources and not-natively-serializable-object are, while dangerous, things that CAN be worked with.

• FateSeries

FateSeries Space Hobo

So, is there any chance developer might bring out the slingshot code out of main program into .xnb file? . Also my sixth sense told me there will be large overhaul combat system update. Might not true but it will be great.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

I assume you mean you read it in the 1.1 summary?

• FateSeries

FateSeries Space Hobo

=//_//= I didn't saw that.....