Modding Discussion [Request List] Ideas/request for mods or vanilla updates

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Shadox2.0, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi i make this topic for have all my suggestion in the same place , i've some trouble to find back some old or less old topic so i'll put all in the same place.

Of cours if someone already suggest something i've list feel free to give me the link of the post and 'ill edit my post here , the point of this post isnt to say "hey i've find ideas before you lol" so fell free x) , same things if it's a mod already make , i'll edit and put the link here.

So :

1 Editable sign
    Sign like in minecraft (for the most common example) , and readable without interact as possible.

2 Improved friend compass
    A compass allowing us to have more info (like in terraria with someone in your team)

3 A watch
    why not a watch for know time in game (scaled on the current planet ofc)

4 A permition panel in the ship
    For allow only us to break/place your ship , except if you give perm by the panel to someone.

5 Musician NPC
    For have music without use our hand x)

6 Older pixel printer back
    Because some item are unprintable even after scan , i can understand for blue item but some white are missing...topic here

7 Improved Asteroid field
    i can understand it's lifeless but we can have npc with space suit or little base (like some years ago)

8 Bring back racial weap
    Old randomized racial weapon equiped/dropable from Racial enemy (like a soldier wearing a glitch mace and may drop a mace or crossbow or shield , veteran know what i mean) more info here

9 A tool for planet property
    IMO should be a mod (powerfull tool) , allowing us to replace a block by another all over a planet (for ex change snow to dirt , slush but falling sand , wood platform by copper (kinda WEdit but for full planet change)

10 A custom gear table
    IMO should be a mod (kinda cheat so yeah) , allowing us to put effect on gear (for example levitation or run fast efet on a Legs gear) without too much pain (already possible but not very easy) , check here for a link with all explained.

11 Fix the bottled healing water
    It mean add the recipe and fix the storage location (spawn in first tab with command instead of food tab) and add rot time maybe (not the case for now) , a topic about that can be found here

12 Durability on Vehicle tooltip
    Check here for an example with picture.

13 A new color of item rarity for modded item
    You can see what i mean better in this topic , maybe Mackinz will do that when Chucklefish say it's possible , but not the case for now as i've understand.

14 Info at cursor
    Display for ex how many item you have in hand with icon of item hod next the cursor , some picture here as example.

I've put max link as possible but feel free to critic/improve/comment my ideas , here or on base topic , like you want.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016