Modding Discussion Request: Mod to lower resources (used by SV)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by xeimaster08, Mar 5, 2016.

1. xeimaster08

xeimaster08 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello so I'm not pretty sure where to post this but could there be a mod that will (can) lower the resources used by stardew valley? for some reason at some point or parts of the game I get a slowdowns (frame skips of 2 to 3 and at worst of 5 to 11) not the exact frame count tho it was just an assumption (I used to emulate games so I can somewhat tell the frame skipped) especially when it is raining, passed 6pm (game time) and if there are a lot of resources on my screen (grasses and weeds).

Well to be honest my laptop is quite old but as I see the game I should be able to run this game fine (or so I thought) I was just hoping for a solution to this (perhaps it is because I am using swift shader dll?).

Hope someone could do a mod that could do something bout this.

Regards,
    Ced

• FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

On Steam, go to Drive Steam its installed > Steam > Commonapps > Common > StardewValley and there's a folder there iirc called resources or something inside should be 1 or 2 installers for frameworks needed for this game to run smoothly, install both and the slowdowns should go away, i had the same problem before.

• xeimaster08

If it is the dotnet4.0 and the xna i already have installed both (dotnet is pre installed with win 8.1)

or perhaps I am still missing something?

• Nilhelheim

Nilhelheim Void-Bound Voyager

if you are in a Laptop. Your graphics must be on Energy Save. You have to change your power system to High performance, and check your video card propierties to see if they are in maximum perfomance and if you dont have anti aliasing on and if your graphics quality is in perfomance.

• xeimaster08

I'm pretty sure none of the above were applicable to my laptop (Dell inpiron 6400) old yes it is pretty old :3

• Nilhelheim

Nilhelheim Void-Bound Voyager

o.o.... you have 1 gb ram... jeez.. thats why the game is running slow... even tho the game is based on XNA and easy stuff on a PC your core is old and your RAM .... Welp... thats why your getting the slow downs... You should try to close everything and see if that works.

• xeimaster08

all apps closed and I uhh upgraded the ram (what was the minimum for SV btw?) in the end I guess it's either i gave up for now (till they can somewhat make a backwards compatibility or till i can afford to buy a new laptop) :3

• GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

What? People still using 1GB RAM :O

• xeimaster08

Was just trying to make my old laptop something purposeful xD

• FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Did you do a repair of the installation to see if it helps?

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Jesus christ, good luck with that. I doubt SV was made with such strict memory requirements in mind, with only 1Gb RAM I'm pretty sure more of the game is in slow virtual memory which is why your framerate is so dire.

• xeimaster08

Fresh install :)
                          Haha I know well anyways I'll just have to give up for now. Thank you people tho :)

• xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

...windows 8.1 requires a minimum of 1gb ram.

...how much ram do you think you have left for stardew valley?