REQUEST [REQUEST] NPC GPS/SV Marauder's Map

Discussion in 'Mods' started by BlushingCreep, Mar 7, 2016.

1. BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know about everyone else, but I often find myself searching for an entire day for a given NPC. And, I often don't find them. It's incredibly frustrating. I don't know where they all go, sometimes, when I search everywhere and they're just...not there.

So, could we maybe get a mod that will show us where NPCs are currently located or something like that?

Davrial likes this.
    • Jokerza1

Jokerza1 Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe you can just find more information in Stardew valley wiki , it have a lot of game information there.

• BlushingCreep

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already visited the wiki. This is a mod request. :)

• nprudym

nprudym Void-Bound Voyager

I think this would be great, you would just have to implement it into the over-world map. Have the mod sort of "snapshot" the world and where NPC's are at that current time when you open your map tab. Then have a small sprite head represent each person's location! That would be great, unfortunately I have no modding experience whatsoever... :cry:

Honeybee likes this.
          • FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Let me suggest a brand new skill

[Social] Raised by giving gift and talking to people

Each level increase talk/gift points

Specialization includes a peoples tracker (Kinda like the forage spot tracker?), converting bad gift to neutrals gifts, removing friendship decay per day and a recipe to craft a loved gift that applies for all villagers. (Or the recipe for a cellphone to talk remotely)

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey guys,

maybe I can help you a little. I edited the Menu from http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/smapi-0-37-social-editor-menu.108540/ and added the Current Location from the NPC to the menu.

It looks like this:

[​IMG]

I'm a total noob in Menu Style. It could propably be buggy but when I tested it, it worked fine. Thats why I can only help you with texts until someone code a better one with map gui :D

Please all credits goes to: hitachihex I just edited his code a bit and pasted in the locations. I hope this help you.

Here is the DLL for SMAPI 0.37. I will make a new thread, too so people can see this.

http://community.playstarbound.com/...th-npc-locations-thanks-to-hitachihex.108633/

If you have problems ask me. Maybe I can help you fix them :D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                BlushingCreep and oath2order like this.
              • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Amazing

• BlushingCreep

Thank you!! :D

• montana123

montana123 Subatomic Cosmonaut