Modding Discussion [request]propper defense drones

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by warbrand2, Aug 9, 2016.

1. warbrand2

warbrand2 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Resently I have started a project to make an "automated" bunker, which would only have one or two gaurds but a lot of robots with pet tethers to defend it.

Then I built the entrance.
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...794/A281EA2BAECA14A3DA9710B4D45B979E9C12B58F/

I used two scandroids with attack III collars for the exterior defense they are there to test the system. and well I had to add a surface gaurd NPC' cause these are only good for one maybe two enemy kills.

So I got to thinking why can't we have a drone mod, where you can build bays that deploy defensive, offensive, or scout drones to help a settlement.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Why can't we have these for scouting the plannet for ore?

[​IMG]
    these for defending our bases, with out spamming pet pods?

Well I have come up with an idea, saddly I have no skill. Though I am working off an idea of mine from a few days ago that was over complex.

base idea: craft drones to protect your colonies, scout for ores, or just to attack things.

basic idea for the minidrone: find a mini drone intel rack, reverse engineer it at a Architect's Table(shecm unlocked upon mini drone intel rack pick up), build a drone control table, and finally build a mini drone deploy rack.

ideas for parts.

minidrone deploy rack: looks like a intel rack but has different wires, and a landing pad, when active drone is deployed and scouts around.
    power down: minidroid returns.

scandroid launcher: launches a single scandroid for defense, upon droid destruction rebuilds another one in 30 seconds. (would be a 3 wide 2 high base)
    power down: scandroid explodes, rebuilds another one which stays in platform until activated.

2. warbrand2

Uh question first, is this idea even possible?

aka is it possible to make a spawner that keeps on constant unit?

3. warbrand2

uh should I give up on some one picking up this concept?

4. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

This concept is awesome sadly I don't know how to code whatsoever. :nurusad:

5. foxtails

foxtails Master Chief

Garden bot mod can do several of the things you are looking for in your mod concept. I had setup the defense bot to walk through my entire colony. Did a great job defending.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  6. ambrose

ambrose Astral Cartographer

Based off of what warbrand2 was saying about Mini Drones (the flying drones outside of Apex labs), he was talking about something like a flying drone that doesn't get attacked by crew members and turrets.