1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue [Resolved] Connecting to own dedicated server throws JsonException

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by kozie, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kozie

kozie Void-Bound Voyager

EDIT

I deleted the starbound server folder and reinstalled everything. I then configured each single configuration value step by step.
    The server seems to work just fine now.

Hi,

I just installed a starbound dedicated server on my Ubuntu linux server, using the steps described here.

I'm running an Ubuntu 16.04 - 64 bit server, which is freshly installed, as are steamcmd and the starbound server.
    everything seems to work fine. Then i opened the starbound_server.config and changed the server binds from "::" to "0.0.0.0", added users with passwords and set allowAnonymousConnections to false. Restarted the server and all still seemed fine.

Tho when i try to connect, i get a timeout error in the game client and the server logs gives me a JsonException. Please refer to the log uploaded to this thread for more info about the error.

No mods are installed tho, the server is as freshly installed as described above.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016