1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Using items without the awkward equip

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by mrpras, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mrpras

mrpras Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all I'm new to the game so maybe I just haven't discovered how to do it properly.

I have a codex for example, in my inventory.

Do I really need to:
    1 go into the inventory
    2 pop the item into a quickbar slot
    3 equip the item from the quickbar
    4 use the item

So for example if I want to just read a few blueprints I have to do these 4 steps every time? I hope there's a quick-read or quick use for things like this, probably I've just not looked hard enough - if it's not my fault then please consider this a feature request.

EDIT: This is entirely a mechanic regarding single-use disposable items like blueprints. So much effort to just use a few of them - ctrl clicking or something would be more player friendly.

2. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Nope. All you need to do is pick up the item on your cursor and then click it anywhere outside the inventory. This way you can read a codex, learn a blueprint, eat food, or use a bandage (though that last one you should probably have on the hotbar anyway).

3. mrpras

mrpras Void-Bound Voyager