Respec

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stormskies20, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. stormskies20

stormskies20 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok so i recently hit lvl 5 on my fishing skill and i had misclicked because trapper rather than fisher because i got bumped so now I'm stuck with this. I would love a way to respec and change this without having to restart my whole game. Like say by having 8+ hearts with certain villagers allows you to do this in certain skills, or the wizard when you're able to change your characters appearance pay him extra to be able to change your skills profession.

This would be awesome to have in the game.

Gabaw likes this.
    • ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

Gabaw likes this.
    • stormskies20

Thank you, although I'm no good at editing these kind of things I might give it a try. Once my computer decides to show me the actual folder I need to do this.

• ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

The guide mentions that you should be able to copy-paste "%appdata%/StardewValley/Saves" (without quotes) into your Explorer address bar to jump right to it.

• stormskies20

It came up with "no results found" and even putting in just "%appdata%" I get every individual file that has appdata in any part of it. So i suppose I will have to search through each file that shows up. My computer seems to have always had this problem, not showing the %appdata% folder I mean.

• ssokolow

ssokolow Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm. Well, you could try C:\Users\YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME\AppData\StardewValley\Saves instead.

(Either navigating until you don't see AppData and then pasting the rest or googling where Microsoft hid the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" option in whatever version of Windows you're on.)

• stormskies20

I'm on W10 and I thought I had fixed this problem previously when I unhid the appdata folder to do something similar. However it seems to have rehidden itself somehow :confused:

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, I do hope they allow you to respect in some way. Maybe make it only possible at the start of a new season or something.

I'd say have this be at the new year though..."new year resolution" could give you a choice to respec, or do something else which might give a slight boost to some aspect of your daily tasks or something...at least giving us the option of respecing in this way would be sufficient, though. I'd still prefer these skill sets to "split" once the base skill reaches level 5 like I just finished suggesting in another thread on here about improved perks at lvl 10, so that you get BOTH of those boosts at level 5, and then you have to do more "specialized" tasks to raise that type up to level 10.

This way people won't be penalized by misclicking, and they can also explore each side of the skill tree without penalizing themselves. Also, it gives more reason to DO these other tasks, as well...for completionists like me~ :rofl:

stormskies20 and Gabaw like this.