WIP Restyled Sprites by AtroxAmbitus

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AtroxAmbitus, Aug 20, 2017.

1. AtroxAmbitus

AtroxAmbitus Void-Bound Voyager

I am currently working on redoing all the sprites in the game in a more colorful, cartoon-like fashion, somewhat similar to games like Pokemon. I can't say for sure at what pace this project will be done, but I do very much so enjoy creating things like this, and will try to at least do one or two sprites per week.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated, as I am always trying to improve. At this time, I don't have the new sprites in a usable mod; however, when I get closer to being finished (maybe 50% or so), I will release an incomplete version, which I will update as I add more sprites.

For now, here is my current progress: (Updated: 6-7-2018)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

These look amazing :D

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
      • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

These are amazing, I can't wait to see more :)

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
        • AtroxAmbitus

Thank you very much! :)

Update: I just added another building.

Edit: Also, I believe I'm done for the night, if anyone has any particular building that they would like to be done next, let me know.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
            SheepMilks likes this.
          • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, this looks really well done! I immediately thought of Pokémon when I saw them before I read the rest of the description. :eek:

I can't wait to see what else gets posted in the future! (and I'm definitely going to have to use this when or if you decide to release the buildings)

AtroxAmbitus and Zalkyria like this.
            • Ba.mbieBam

Ba.mbieBam Master Chief

Omyyygoodnesss this is amazing !! I love them.

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
              • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

These look amazing! I would love to see them in game once you're done!

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                • AtroxAmbitus

Thank you, everyone for the support!

Update: I have updated the first post with a new building. Also, I think once I complete the tileset for town I will go ahead and upload an incomplete mod. I will have the sprites be universal for all seasons (adding snow for winter at least). In the future I will recolor them for each season, but remaking every sprite is first priority.

SheepMilks, staarfruit, Xuomi and 2 others like this.
                  • xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can't wait to use these. Just one question: Will this conflict with map recolors?

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                    • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@xangria Yes it will. They'll all use the same tilesheets, so you'll either need to choose which ones you want to use or do some serious tilesheet editing.

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                      • xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok. I'll check yours out, but if it's ok with you and Eemie, I might try to make them compatible. At least for personal use.

• AtroxAmbitus

Update: Added JojaMart. I'm not sure if I'm finished with it yet or not though, so I may edit it later on.

SheepMilks and Xuomi like this.
                          • AtroxAmbitus

Update: Added yet another house. I don't have much more to go until I have the whole town tileset done!

SheepMilks, Xuomi and staarfruit like this.
                            • hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

These are so cute/nostalgic! Can't wait to see the whole town :^D

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                              • nomisupernova

nomisupernova Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait to see what you do with this! Well done!! :kawaii:

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                                • AtroxAmbitus

Question for everyone. I've been working on reworking the roofs of the houses. Below is the new roof I'm considering putting on the houses. Does this type seem better to everyone? I'm leaning towards yes, but I'd like to get some input from others.

[​IMG]

nomisupernova, Xuomi and Zalkyria like this.
                                  • Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

I actually think I like the other style better, maybe you could offer both? Or do some houses in one style and the others in another

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                                    • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@AtroxAmbitus Oh, it's hard to say. They both look really great. If you want to go for a pure Pokémon design, then definitely the original roofs you made. If you kind of want to mix Pokémon aesthetic with Stardew Valley aesthetic, I'd say the second one.

Either one I would be happy with, but as @Voltaic123 suggested, having either as an option would also be great. But I'd rather you not overwork yourself since you already have a lot on your plate already. :)

This probably didn't help make your decision any easier, sorry. It's hard to choose when I love both so much! :koala:

SheepMilks and AtroxAmbitus like this.
                                      • Ba.mbieBam

Ba.mbieBam Master Chief

AtroxAmbitus likes this.
                                      • Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

@AtroxAmbitus I love both the roofing to be honest, as @Voltaic123 suggested, having either or would be a great option and gives people an option between to the two. But it's personally up to you because it is you that is making these wonderful sprites. So if you don't mind doing both, awesome but only if you are comfortable and want to of course ^^

AtroxAmbitus likes this.