Modding Discussion Retractable Platforms

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by LazerRay, Mar 30, 2016.

1. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I came up with this mod idea while working on my tree farm on board my ship (it has a room large enough), but it gets annoying to have to remove the platform connecting the entry ways to allow trees to grow, then to put them back when the room is not in use.

Having a platform that can extend or retract with the flip of a switch would solve this problem, and could have many more uses (like drawbridges for Glitch themed bases).

The system might only need two parts, a controller to connect wire inputs/control segments, and platform segments to determine the size/shape of the area.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Basic door mechanics can achieve this.

3. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Doors and Hatches are too small for certain areas or not practical, and this idea would be more customize-able.

Now quit shooting down any mod ideas people come up with, just because you don't like them!

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I didn't shoot down anything.

The way doors work in game (Basic door mechanics...), one could mod in this type of thing easily (... can achieve this.).

5. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Sorry about the miss-understanding, just your last post didn't explain things as much as the current one.