1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Return of the mechs?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Haroiden, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Haroiden

Haroiden Void-Bound Voyager

Heya folks random person here asking if mechs make a return in 1.0 as a vehicle of some sort. Thanks in advance!(yes I may be poorly informed)

2. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

See, especially for people like you this forum has a SEARCH function at the very top.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

There's no need to be rude. I just tried using the search function, and can't see a readily apparent answer to OP's query. Posting a new thread to ask is perfectly reasonable.

4. Haroiden

oh the irony

Pingeh likes this.
  5. Jonesy

And there's no need for you to start either, thanks.

6. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

My guess would be that mechs return in one of the "themed expansions" post 1.0.
    The dev team would have all the time to refine and integrate that mechanic into vanilla.

7. Haroiden

Right my bad sorry

8. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Well the wiki mentions that the mechs are part of the release and that every race gets their own mech.

Who knows when this statement was made though..

9. BloodyMonarch

BloodyMonarch Astral Cartographer

The game desperately needs more content for people not that interested in building/farming.

10. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

I wouldn't mind if they held back on mechs until post-1.0; especially if it's done in conjunction with the huge monsters mentioned long ago.

Kaiju hunting sounds like a viable style of mission for giant mechs!

11. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

this seems pretty wicked. +1

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  12. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But pointing someone to the forums own SEARCH function to find answers is not?
    And not only is it not reasonable in your opinion, but also rude?

See, especially for people like you this forum has a SEARCH function at the very top.

See, I made the connecting parts bold, especially for you. ;)

13. pop-yotheweird

yes, being rude to a moderator (edit: AND a forum member. double time). that'll get you far.

as previously said, if they do release race-themed mechs it'll be a post-1.0 feature... unless they're hiding it from us in-game, that is.

Another Kevin likes this.
  14. Another Kevin

Ayyy, you learned not a single thing..

Is it asking too much to reply with a direct answer that's actually answering the original question instead of going off-topic?

And, just to inform you, most of the threads that you'll only find with the search function are outdated with outdated information and misleading statements.
    --- Post updated ---
    Man, sometimes it seems bizarre that you're so sync with me.

Feels like we two are starting to form a justice squad, sweet lord!

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  15. pop-yotheweird

ayyyyyyye except that "No, not hyped," thing wink wink
    :iswydt::chrono:

16. Another Kevin

Bruh that was a social experiment :lod:

Sageheart and pop-yotheweird like this.
  17. Jonesy

You took a rather rude tone with OP, and made no attempt to actually address their query. And since you've proven that you have nothing to offer them except continuing to point out the search function, I've revoked your ability to reply to this thread. Consider this a warning for next time.