RELEASED Revised Alex 8-heart Cutscene

Discussion in 'Mods' started by IronZelly, Feb 11, 2017.

1. IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    That's riiiiight!~ Alex will now cry during his important 8-heart event with this new default-portrait enhancement.
    It's made purely for aesthetic and immersion improving purposes, and also because I am a heartless monster who drinks the tears of fan girls for breakfast.
    :lickitung:

I'm making this open-source so you're free to edit and use this to expand your portrait mods if you intend to make yours compatible with the revision mod.
    I've also included an optional sprite sheet that adds tears on Alex's sprite in the attached zip file.

How to install:
    -> Download the file and unzip. Backup the files that you intend to overwrite.
    -> The Alex.xnb in the 'portrait' folder will replace the Alex.xnb file under 'Portraits' in your Stardew Valley folder.
    * (The optional Alex.xnb in the 'sprite' folder will replace the Alex.xnb file under 'Characters'.)

-> The beach.xnb file includes the edited event that allows the custom portraits to show. You place this under Data/Events in your Stardew Valley folder.

[​IMG]
    Now, you too, will weep for your husbando (probably - idk, I won't tell you how to live your life). X3

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Looks so good!!! Excellent job!

• Bepsi

Bepsi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ohhhhhh my!! The crying edits are so amazing I'm crying *shot*

You did a really good job OP. Definitely using this mod.

• midnight_von_corgstein

midnight_von_corgstein Void-Bound Voyager

i already cried during the normal 8 heart cutscene... but this is even better!