1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Rise of the Hylotl: Revived 1.1

seancruz's mod brought back to working order

1. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Zaakari submitted a new mod:

Rise of the Hylotl: Revived - seancruz's mod brought back to working order

Read more about this mod...

Ickura likes this.
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

OML IT'S BACCCCKKK

3. Zaakari

:nuruhappy: I saw your post in the original mod's discussion, and was wondering if you would see this.
    I hope you enjoy it.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Honestly dude the community is kind of dead. A lot of modders who were around back in the day left long, long ago. Good to see that someone is reviving stuff tho!

5. Void_Xplorer

Void_Xplorer Void-Bound Voyager

I really would like to try the mod but, it keeps crashing my game whenever I install it....? :nurusad:

6. Zaakari

Hm, two questions:
    1. Can you post your log file after the game crashes? The file should be located within Starbound's "storage" directory. It's named "starbound.log".
    2. Do you have any other mods installed (none, lots or just a few)?

7. Void_Xplorer

Here is the file.

And so far I got a few mods (FrackinUniverse, FrackinRaces etc...) could take a screenshot if you want me to.

Attached Files:

8. Zaakari

So it looks like the error is due to duplicate item names, with regards to the Frackin Universe mod.
    It looks like someone copied someone. (My guess is the authors of Frackin Universe copied seancruz's armour into their mod at some point. Perhaps after he had been gone for a while, or maybe they got his permission.) Hence the duplicate item names (and the crashing).

I figure if I'm going to rename some of the items, I might as well rename everything (to ensure maximum compatibility). This shouldn't result in any noticeable difference (the item names will still appear the same ingame), but it will require a bunch of "background" changes.
    Also, this will take a little while (a week or two perhaps, depending on how much time I have to spare), so please be patient with me.

9. Void_Xplorer

It's ok... in fact, thank you sooooooooooooo much for your time and effort that you've dedicated to this project. Also, thank you for taking the time to review my compatibility issues with the mod.

10. Zaakari

Zaakari updated Rise of the Hylotl: Revived with a new update entry:

Frackin Universe Compatibility

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Ickura likes this.
  11. limitdistortion

limitdistortion Phantasmal Quasar

I was wandering if you could try and get permission to update the chocobo mod to working order next?

12. Zaakari

I had actually considered that before (I have Final Fantasy XV, so the mod intrigued me).
    However, I have also heard that mounts work differently in the current version of Starbound than they did before. So I'm not sure if it's possible.
    But I would like to look into it some more.

Also, in the future, it would probably be better to send me a personal message about requests. That way we can keep this thread on topic.
    But thanks for the suggestion.

limitdistortion likes this.