1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Rise of the Hylotl 1.8 - Dungeons Fixed

Hylotl-themed dungeons, lore-based armors, weapons, items, tiles, objects, etc.

1. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Phantasmal Quasar

Wow this is awesome man. I remember talking to you about this mod early on. Keeping and eye out for your game as well. If I can make a request this time around. It would be EXTREMELY helpful to have a list of things that might not be compatible. I don't mean the mods themselves but the files this mod changes. I'd like to be able to bring it to TheOneDon this time around and see if we can't get it to play nice with all the other mods. This mod is too good to be all by it's lonesome.

2. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

Right now everything is pretty much compatible with UG, and as far as I know, compatible with many mods. I had trouble with the new stats changes concerning glow, but I was able to figure it out. Unfortunately, glow seems to not have a size parameter, so all light sources are the same, rather large size. The closest way to make it "smaller" is to make the light color dark, which reduces the light spread.

Right now dungeons and tiles are what's remaining to be updated. I'm sure they will translate well into UG. Other than that, I need to organize how and when recipes and blueprints show up. Right now, every race has access to the hylotl stuff which is not intended.

Cheezemaniac and teilnehmer like this.
  3. RaginCajun

This was an old compatibility issue that I'm curious if has been cured while updating to UG.

The Maneiac said:
    When i load Up Starbound i get an Error Saying: Duplicate TreasurePool config 'fishTreasure' from file'/treasure/fishtreasure/treasurepools'. When i Search this in my Mods Folder i Only See one Fish Treasure pool From this mod.

I also reported the compatibility issue at the time but you were busy back than. This prevented it from playing nice with other mods.

4. seancruz

seancruz Big Damn Hero

I haven't touched the treasurepools yet. But I remember that there were compatibility issues with poop and fish drops and I'/ thinking about a workaround for that. I have to look into the patching system and get familiar with it too-patching might be the answer to making compatibility more possible.

Evor, RaginCajun and Tamorr like this.
  5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

From what I hear the patch system is the way to make mods more compatible with each other. that is something I myself am going to have to learn for my own personal mod eventually; at least when I get around to it. ><

This is just going off what other modders have mentioned...:)

6. RaginCajun

Thanks so much for your swift replies. That's really great news.

7. KateisLost

KateisLost Cosmic Narwhal

I will love to use this mod when it is updated! Take your time though:) no rush, just so happy to know it will be updated one day

8. Ckika

Ckika Void-Bound Voyager

:C the mod doesnt work for me which sucks. I keep an error.

9. KingWestie

KingWestie Void-Bound Voyager

It hasn't been updated.

10. KingKwix

KingKwix Void-Bound Voyager

it crashes when i try to load the game , it says its something to do with the small fish :/

11. Glitchtonite

Glitchtonite Subatomic Cosmonaut

Mod isnt updated yet mate :) just be patient because the mod creator is workin on it :)

12. phoenixonfire

phoenixonfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

spirited Giraffe?

13. marcielle

marcielle Void-Bound Voyager

Keep the hope alive. Mr. Cruz was spotted near the end of May. Hopefully, he has yet to abandon this most marvelous of mods.

Evor likes this.
  14. Vladikot

Vladikot Void-Bound Voyager

That's beautiful mod and i hope it will be updated to "giraffe" version of the game soon:hylotl:

Evor likes this.
  15. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Not to create any problems, or issues concerning modders rights, but I feel it's time to at least give some reassurance:

I have taken the liberty to personally fully update RotH to Spirited Giraffe version.
    In addition to what I consider a "private release", I have supplied this update to a select few (who shall remain unnamed) to bug test my progress.

I plan to release a "community update" once I am in contact with @seancruz. Or at very least provide him my work to update the mod.

At current:
    -I have rewrote the dungeons to cooperate with the new mod format.
    -All objects, such as the coral tree, are working, and have proper recipes.
    -Several items, armor, and weapons have been fixed. (for the most part.)
    -I have made no attempts to add anything new, or try implementing any of his planned features. This is purely a version update.

Thought it would be nice to provide some hope to everyone who has waited for this mod.
    Now, once attempts at necromancy revive him, you should expect an update, at last.
    Stay fishy guys. :hylotl:

16. Mifune Sword God

Mifune Sword God Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question has anyone else had a problem with the an error stating there are 2 names of fish and that they were conflicting eachother

17. green3y3

green3y3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, an update would be soo great ...

ArmoreDragon and suga2010 like this.
  18. ArmoreDragon

ArmoreDragon Orbital Explorer

Know what would be cool? AN UPDATE!

green3y3 and suga2010 like this.
  19. SteamGolem

SteamGolem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still check up on this mod from time to time, in hope for a miraculous update :(

20. DruidicSymphonies6713

DruidicSymphonies6713 Astral Cartographer

Perhaps we should all be patient. The creator could be busy and trying everything to get this mod back into the game. This mod is amazing, but it does need an update. Perhaps in time an update would come. (I am a floran, do not judge!)