1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Rain 2?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bob_boberson, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Bob_boberson

Bob_boberson Space Penguin Leader

Loving this game so much I want morrrrre!

What would you want in the new one, and what would you keep? If a new one was to be thought upon.

I'd love a bit more generation of maps, and biggest thing would be the item log explaining how things stack eventually if you gain that item say 5 times over all playing. Also what the actual base damage is since everything is % based.

Besides those things pretty much just want more of the same. :3

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

instead of a '2' , an expansion or dlc would be better

• P.Alex

P.Alex Industrial Terraformer

I'd rather have news regarding the content we're still getting for free. Or is there something on the Steam boards that I missed?

• PimpnCereal

PimpnCereal Intergalactic Tourist

A little bit early to start talking about Risk of Rain 2, the game hasn't even been on Steam for a month...

That being said, I mean... you'd have to think of things they'd do with a sequel that they could not do with expansions or dlc, which would be more about changing the core engine of the game (which can still be dealt with in patches). I don't know, we don't really require a sequel for this.

For some reason, I just had the random thought that a racing game by these two guys would be interesting, especially if it were also 2-D and each vehicle played rather differently. So I could see Risk of Rain generating some cool ideas in a different genre of game, but for now, I'm quite content with what we have and what we could still get.

• Bob_boberson

Bob_boberson Space Penguin Leader

True...I kind of jumped the gun having 100% already and did not know so much was to be added by simply what was made in the KS which I sadly only heard of after it was done. T.T

• Seztren

Seztren Space Hobo

Steadily releasing more characters, items or levels every couple months or so would be way better than waiting forever for a whole new game, there's so much replayability in this, and there would be even more with more characters and items and such!

• Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Updating a game with lots of content is great, but it's really unappealing to newer players. To get into a game you need a certain amount of familiarity to feel comfort in. You simply wouldn't have that if you only found a certain item you liked once every 10 playthroughs, or had a hundred characters to choose from.

A new game could provide more enjoyment with the same amount of content. It isn't nearly time for a new game with Arena mode and mutators scheduled to be added, especially because these are game changers which are better suited as content updates, but it should be kept in mind for the future. While a lot of players would argue that this isn't the case and would want content to be added as it was created, that may not be what's best for themselves and would only hurt their experience because of impatience.

• PimpnCereal

PimpnCereal Intergalactic Tourist

I think League of Legends would be a good example to trump your argument. Or Diablo II. Or Phantasy Star's series of online capable games. A lot of content, if implemented well, won't put off new players, and Risk of Rain has one of those grab you from the beginning kind of addiction rushes.

The reasons for a sequel should honestly be limited to reasons on the system side (graphics/aesthetics, memory content (though that isn't a problem for PC games), a different style of gameplay in general), whereas something can be updated ad infinitum and if its the same, its the same. Another reason would be so the developers get a steady flow of payment, but that could be solved with DLC.

• Silver Bird

Silver Bird Void-Bound Voyager

(sorry if this is a necro, i don't go on these forums often)
                    An expansion would be better.
                    Risk of Rain: hurricaneorwhateveryouwant2callit

they don't need a 2nd game, yet, unless they made it in a different genre or something (Risk of Rain first person shooter or real time strategy would be kinda neat)
                    theres also plenty room for new content through, say, monthy updates would be nice?
                    there can be SO many more characters, items, etc.
                    and new mechanics (for example, having a choice to "recycle" use items into t1 items)

• Leaf_It

Leaf_It Tentacle Wrangler