1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk of Reign

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daimera, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I know that suggesting a name change for any game this far in development isn't necessarily the best idea when it comes to branding and whatnot, but after seeing so many people with screenshots of amazing godlike runs, and while watching Vahnkiljoy's hardcore stream, I thought maybe it'd be interesting to toss it out here.

On one hand, it keeps the phonetics of the original title and thus a pun on the original idiom for chance, but at the same time implies a bit of story, that the planet or some internal force that commands the planet somehow realizes that the player could become a veritable god who could take over the planet and reign supreme over its originally peaceful denizens, and is trying to kill them before they do.

I'm not saying it is necessarily a good idea, I just figured it was an idea I'd share.

okok111 and Event Horizon like this.
    • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Haha that is an interesting idea, but I would vote against changing the name. I've kinda been wondering if there was any sort of lore in terms of the planet and it's inhabitants from their point of view.