NPC ROBOTS!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by the_mecha_engineer, Sep 17, 2013.

?

good?

1. HECK YEAH!

12.1%
  2. yes

6.1%
  3. ok

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no

42.4%
  5. cookie

15.2%
  6. HECK NO!

24.2%
  1. the_mecha_engineer

the_mecha_engineer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

your own personal army of robots to defend your stuff, scout planets, what ever the hell you want them to do
    -fully customization (hats, clothes, you name it)
    -giant robots, 2 times the normal amount of health of a normal player (just like in tf2, there big, have a crap ton of health and do what ever it takes to get its job done)
    -tank robots (like tf2 again, slow, take a beating (look at your health bar, now imagine that health bar being 3 times as long, that's basically the amount of health the tank has
    - carrier ship, a large space craft to carry robots from one planet to the next (weapons systems not included)
    and now, a list of downsides to robots
    - production takes time
    - basic A.I. (cannot preform advanced tasks such as stealthy attacks)
    - regular robots are about as powerful as an common enemy
    - giant robots are as powerful as slightly rarer enemies
    - tank robots have no direct way of harming people, only crushing them between itself and a solid wall/object
    - lower level carrier ships have a troop capacity of 100 robots
    - level 2 or up carrier ships can carry 250 robots
    - no random critical hits, there, they are ballenced

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. the_mecha_engineer

this comment never happened, sorry bout dat
    - Mecha Engineer

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  4. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Too OP, do not want

Ado, Jonesy and Pigeon like this.
  5. Tectal

Tectal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't play by the rules.

I would personally enjoy AH-ONE robot to be my travel buddy.
    An army, nooooope!
    But robots are a fun idea.

Ado and Model QT-377665 like this.
  6. the_mecha_engineer

so, there not THAT op, there just as powerful as an avrage player, giants take longer to make, and a tank takes 2X the time to construct, and you need to program them aswell, so having them is worth the time and effort it would take to build them

7. the_mecha_engineer

they can do that too, leave the rest to hold the fort, while you and your robot pal go off looking for resources

8. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

downvoted.

jintoya, Shilalydawg, MEWMEW and 2 others like this.
  9. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Well, i guess ill summon FaceTheLight?

Facethelight, Jonesy and Clockwork like this.
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Haters gonna hate. Insulting people who oppose your idea is just asking for it.

11. Walrusly Walrus

Walrusly Walrus Aquatic Astronaut

The spelling and that second post really makes me dislike this. Also it does seem OP and there's not that much information.

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Aaaand he likes to spam me in private messages with title: feedback (No caps) and saying as mutch as i dont like negative feedback, im asking for it anyway, what makes the idea of having a robot army bad?. He sent me three of those yesterday...

I guess he PMs the dudes who voted down or something.

MEWMEW and Clockwork like this.
  13. Clockwork

I didn't get one. I feel left out.

jintoya, MEWMEW and Sarzael like this.
  14. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Well i hadnt replied to the post before, the only thing i did was vote down. So either it was random or you didnt vote by then. It was 8:42 PM Spanish Time (GTM +1 i think)

15. Tectal

In my opinion, the main problem with what has been said already is that it begins to take away most of what might be considered 'simple' with the game and suggestion. One robot I'm fine with; an army of robots is a bit disproportional in a sense. Giant robots, and mecha-tanks seem to be something unfocused from the game itself. Despite what people are saying, the idea of robots to me is a good one. If there was a bit of refinement and a lot less over-thinking done with the suggestion, it could be great.

I personally can imagine gathering the parts from a dungeon or two and setting to work on creating a small robot that can have a simple and refreshing function. Maybe a dispenser-bot (bad example) or a robot that makes fun bridge type platforms by extending itself (out of the blue). Mmm, yus! Lovely.

Clockwork likes this.
  16. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Robots are already added, but this suggestion is plain stupid. 10000+ life and saying ´´its not op`` when you can have more than one. We have ketchup robots, pilotable walkers, glitch, and more.

jintoya likes this.
  17. the_mecha_engineer

the tank robot is slow and is suppose to take a beating, and its only real function is to destroy targets such as enemy bases

18. the_mecha_engineer

so? i wanted feedback so i could improve the idea

19. Clockwork

Why do people want starbound to be an RTS?

20. Tectal

They are an alien race bent on controlling the very nature of your life.

Indeed, Starbound is great as it is currently, and only the tiniest of details between will make it that much the richer!