1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I think it's a bit annoying that Specializations unlock so late (level 35). A lot of them seem to have very hefty requirements, and unless you lucked into spending your points where you needed them (or knew from previous plays), you'll probably have to spend many levels playing catchup, meaning you might qualify around level 45 or so. It'd probably be just as balanced to have the tab unlock at level 25, just so you have more time to plan out your character.

2. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

XP gained from monsters will be increased by a lot in one of the next patches to make reaching Level 50 in a single play-through more feasible. This will in turn enable unlocking Specs a bit faster, and I will see into lowering requirements for some Specializations. I will not be changing when Specs can be unlocked though, as Professions will be the early-game unlocks, and Affinities are currently mid-game.

Mooncalf99 likes this.
  3. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

<Insert question about a feature of the mod that the mod blatantly already offers and and easy to find, here.>

4. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Patch 1.41c

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. ThornyFlora

For anyone who might come here because of the issue: Dragon's Leap is triggered by pressing Shift+Jump, not Crouch+Jump! I will change the text when I can tomorrow.

6. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.41d

7. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.41e

8. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

So what does the cannoneer specialization do? I look in the docs file and it hasn't been updated with the rogue specialization.

9. ThornyFlora

I will update it eventually, but for now, or whenever you want to see Spec info that doesn't seem to exist on the regular doc, head to the bottom and go to the Ideas doc, which will most likely have it.

10. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

Ok, I'll note that then I'm guessing cannoneer is rockets and grenades(as thats in the ideas). Makes me wonder if I should respec or wait till I hit 50 to keep soldier traits first(still sub-level 30 on the novakid).

11. ThornyFlora

Major Patch 1.41f

12. ThornyFlora

13. ThornyFlora

Update 1.42

14. ra13th

ra13th Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sorry, but can I give my opinion on this discussion tab, if possible I will tell my opinion that I think you have to add more class spec for the ninja and maybe it uses dagger or katana. Because as a ninja class player I feel difficult using adept spec skill (unstable teleportation) and I always end up trapped inside the wall and for the other specs I have to be a woman first, I am sorry if I want a lot. I know making mods is not easy, I really appreciate your hard work for this mod.
    note: I find we can get stuck on some blocks and really can't move (even teleport once more or destroy the block) after teleportation using adept skill and maybe just MAYBE can you make ninja has a spec where we can make "clone" skills
    (* cough .... * cough .... NARUTO ...... * cough .... * cough)
    sorry if my english is messed up i use google translate for this. I hope that you can understand what I want to explain and once again thank you for making this mod "Ganbatte, Senpai"

15. ThornyFlora

Patch 1.42b

ra13th likes this.
  16. ThornyFlora

ra13th likes this.
  17. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Um, why when I download the mod it says Starbound-RPG-Growth11c?

Edit: Never mind, nothings wrong.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  18. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Could you consider adding an option to disable the particle effects that accompany buffs? I have Tamer and Soldier's Discipline, not sure which is causing it, but there are constant red embers coming off my character.

Also, I just reset my character's class and switched from Knight to Soldier. Wearing tier 4 gear, I have 950% damage. Without the gear, I have 200% damage. I'm only level 15. Is this normal? Seems like maybe my stats didn't allocate properly after the reset.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    ra13th likes this.
  19. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

I seem to be unable to use the create option at the Smith Station. I can upgrade my weapons, but not create new ones.

20. ZippoMoon

ZippoMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a question about the wizards wand weapon bonus, is it just a flat out "you need an empty hand" or can we dual weld wands and still get the bonus?