1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. DerSocken

DerSocken Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,
    nice litttle mod I'd love it, but theres one thing i really dont like.
    Why your "skills" need to be in tech slots ( ok some skills edit ...jump ) but why example marksman needs body tech. Id love marksman and sprint.
    so can you make a addon/mod, where skills, which doesnt upgreade a jump,, can be cast without using a tech slot.

2. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My Slam tech I got from being a Knight doesn't seem to work. ( I can't slam the ground )

3. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

Unfortunately, no. I can't make skills unless they replace Tech slots, because of how keybinding works.

4. ThornyFlora

You need to set your [G] key in the key configurations menu.

5. lunahex

lunahex Aquatic Astronaut

Just wanted to let you know about this, I haven't got to the Shoggoth but it's apparently broken due to a bug in your mod. Bees as well but I see you know about that one.

6. ThornyFlora

Bees are fixed on Steam, but I forgot to pak the mod before continuing to work :/ Shoggoth is fixed locally as well, and update 1.2 will be released by tomorrow night.

Mooncalf99 likes this.
  7. lunahex

lunahex Aquatic Astronaut

Bless you friend

8. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Major Update Patch

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The top-tier upgrades (level-4 stat points and weapon upgrades) require hunting 1/4 million XP before they become available, so I have a question:

How many monster kills does 1/4 million XP amount to? That is to say, how much time is spent on a single player character in order to get that perk?

10. ThornyFlora

Assuming you kill Level 6 Monsters, each drops an average of 90 XP. So if you were to kill only Level 6 Monsters, that would take about 2778 Monsters in total. This doesn't include rewards from certain quests, or Boss Monster drops, nor does it account for Level 8 Monsters (like in Vaults) which drop 120 XP on average (2083 Monsters instead).

Of course, playing doesn't consist of only fighting the highest level monsters, but at Level 50, with two stats maxed, your character becomes very powerful, so it shouldn't be easy. In any case, XP can always be changed, but I would need much more feedback, as well as some off-time to actually play with a couple of friends :p

AngleWyrm likes this.
  11. ThornyFlora

12. CREEPYGENERALL

CREEPYGENERALL Void-Bound Voyager

help i dunno how to get the meteoric metal

13. ThornyFlora

I replied to your review, but basically, either look at the Google Doc in the description, or just go to space encounters and find the monster that drops it.

CREEPYGENERALL likes this.
  14. bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Excuse me, but Frackin Races causes an instant CTD when I try to use this mod. When my game crashes, no error message is displayed. Any advice on what might be an issue?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  15. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Check the starbound.log file in the storage folder. It should provide some clues as to what caused the crash. Look for [error] entries, especially near the end.

16. bugmenever

I found two [error] tags using the search function:
    ERROR 1
    [21:50:53.068] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StatusEffectDatabaseException) Duplicate stat effect named 'racebunnykin', config file '/stats/deprecated/racebunnykin.statuseffect'

ERROR 2
    [21:50:54.280] [Error] OpenGL errors during shutdown: GL_INVALID_VALUE

Here's a list of my mods, in case that might help in fixing the issue:
    CuteBound, Parallax Compression, FrackinMusic-master, bk3k_inventory, ACCM, FrackinRaces-4.11, FrackinUniverse-5.4.752, Super SBG Race Mod, EnhancedMatterManipulator, Automatic Doors, Armor Augments-FU, AVIAN, Extra Zoom Levels, Better Dash (no more double tap) v1.4, Better Dash Extension (really no more double tap) v1.0, Instant Crafting, Optional Story 1.3, Quickbar Mini, Barrage Heavy Mecha, Spawnable Item Pack.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  17. ThornyFlora

Can you edit your original comment to not blame my mod? Your error is a duplicate stat effect that has nothing to do with RPG Growth. Thanks.

18. bugmenever

Done and done; I'm sorry for jumping the gun and blaming your mod. I just read my log file (VERY) incorrectly before making that post. BTW, this was the ONE mod I was hoping someone would make; IT'S AWESOME! :headbanging:

19. ThornyFlora

Alright. Thank you very much! The last thing I want is for the mod to crash, so I've been very careful to try and minimize incompatibility. I hope you enjoy it and what's to come!

bugmenever likes this.
  20. CREEPYGENERALL

CREEPYGENERALL Void-Bound Voyager

FINALLY, I Found THAT ALL I NEED IS TO KILL THOSE MONSTER
    I THOUGH I HAVE TO GO MINE IN SPACE