1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. Warrioraboyles102

Warrioraboyles102 Void-Bound Voyager

Love the mod but I only have one question, how do you get dying stars?

2. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Patch 1.22

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. ThornyFlora

4. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Why do i feel like this would be incompatible with fraklinrace. Btw if i do install this and if i don't like it is uninstalling it will be safe or do i have to make a backup before hand?

5. ScorpionHunter

ScorpionHunter Void-Bound Voyager

Umm... Mrs.ThornyFlora. I want to Know all objects in this mod. Please tell me all objects names. Thank You

Oh One Thing Again. I very like your mod. ITS FANTASTIC!!!

6. ThornyFlora

Make a backup, but there is a way to fix your characters if you choose to uninstall. You have to check the steam page description for more information.

7. ThornyFlora

Class Items:
    ivrpgmeteoricmetal
    ivrpgmeteoricmetalbar
    ivrpgdyingstar
    ivrpgnovacrystal
    ivrpgether
    ivrpgetherealblade
    ivrpgparasiticgoo
    ivrpgsquirmingnervebundle
    ivrpggunparts
    ivrpgfiringmechanism
    ivrpgspiralenergy
    ivrpgspiralpower​
    Class Weapons: (add '2' and '3' for upgraded versions)
    knightaegissword
    wizardnovastaff
    ninjaaethershuriken
    soldierversagun
    explorerspiradrill
    roguesiphonclaw (add 2s, 2v, 3s, 3v, or 3e for the upgraded versions)​
    Skill Book:
    RPGskillbook​
    Scrolls:
    ivrpgscrollresetclass
    ivrpgscrollresetaffinity
    Should be most of them.

8. ScorpionHunter

ScorpionHunter Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! Great! Thank You Mrs.ThornyFlora i Appreciate your help !

9. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Patch 1.24

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Latest update causes CTD before it can even get to the main menu.

Found this error message in the log:
    [02:47:03.401] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (JsonException) contains() called on improper json type
    [0] 13fb67153 Star::captureStack
    [1] 13fb65ede Star::StarException::StarException
    [2] 13fb05373 Star::Json::contains
    [3] 14000f843 Star::TreasureDatabase::TreasureDatabase
    [4] 13ff15375 std::make_shared<Star::TreasureDatabase>
    [5] 13ff19869 <lambda_98d6a6b2615bb1a3f8a0688d25420309>::eek:perator()
    [6] 13ff0b0cf std::_Invoker_functor::_Call<<lambda_98d6a6b2615bb1a3f8a0688d25420309> & __ptr64>
    [7] 13ff0ef26 std::invoke<<lambda_98d6a6b2615bb1a3f8a0688d25420309> & __ptr64>
    [8] 13ff0cd09 std::_Invoke_ret<std::shared_ptr<Star::TreasureDatabase>,<lambda_98d6a6b2615bb1a3f8a0688d25420309> & __ptr64>
    [9] 13ff1bac6 std::_Func_impl<<lambda_98d6a6b2615bb1a3f8a0688d25420309>,std::allocator<int>,std::shared_ptr<Star::TreasureDatabase> >::_Do_call
    [10] 13ff1a337 std::_Func_class<std::shared_ptr<Star::DamageDatabase> >::eek:perator()
    [11] 13ff12e93 Star::Root::loadMemberFunction<Star::TreasureDatabase>
    [12] 13ff0fcd9 Star::Root::loadMember<Star::TreasureDatabase>
    [13] 13ff23862 Star::Root::treasureDatabase
    [14] 13ff0b3a0 std::_Invoker_pmf_pointer::_Call<std::shared_ptr<Star::CollectionDatabase const > (__cdecl Star::Root::*)(void) __ptr64,Star::Root * __ptr64 & __ptr64>
    [15] 13ff0ebd9 std::invoke<std::shared_ptr<Star::VersioningDatabase const > (__cdecl Star::Root::*& __ptr64)(void) __ptr64,Star::Root * __ptr64 & __ptr64>
    [16] 13ff0c5ec std::_Invoke_ret<std::shared_ptr<Star::Configuration> (__cdecl Star::Root::*& __ptr64)(void) __ptr64,Star::Root * __ptr64 & __ptr64>
    [17] 13ff0b42e std::_Call_binder<std::_Unforced,0,std::shared_ptr<Star::StagehandDatabase const > (__cdecl Star::Root::*)(void) __ptr64,std::tuple<Star::Root * __ptr64>,std::tuple<> >
    [18] 13ff0ab8e std::_Binder<std::_Unforced,std::shared_ptr<Star::LiquidsDatabase const > (__cdecl Star::Root::*)(void) __ptr64,Star::Root * __ptr64 const>::eek:perator()<>
    [19] 13ff1b592 std::_Func_impl<Star::SwallowReturn<std::_Binder<std::_Unforced,std::shared_ptr<Star::TreasureDatabase const > (__cdecl Star::Root::*)(void) __ptr64,Star::Root * __ptr64 const> >,std::allocator<int>,void>::_Do_call
    [20] 13fb5dc1b <lambda_7b083dc4bdd496712d99e51bb49515b5>::eek:perator()
    [21] 13fb5ea42 Star::WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run
    [22] 13fb63c5e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
    [23] 776e59cd BaseThreadInitThunk
    [24] 7791a561 RtlUserThreadStart

11. ThornyFlora

Yea, I'll run it back :(

12. ThornyFlora

13. RedCore22

RedCore22 Void-Bound Voyager

If I may suggest an class:

"The Terrarian"
    An class that forgos getting into battle and buffs up nearby allies, as well as being able to bring forth units to aid in battle
    (Focuses on defensive, and lays low on offence.)
    Skill - At 50% HP or Higher, two Poptops emerge to aid in battle. If you get anywhere below 50%, they'll turn to Mama Poptops for 50 seconds (2 minute cooldown)

Lv 4: Poptop Spinner (Augment)
    If attacked, an trio of Poptops spin around you, dealing damage
    Lv 8: Poptop Snax (Augment)
    The Poptops become big Poptops
    Lv 12: Cry of the Poptop (Augment)
    Weaker enemies no longer harm you, nor will your ally Poptops attack them (You can still attack them)
    Lv 16: BUT WITH POPTOPS! (Augment)
    Ally Poptops now use Tungsten Shotguns, Big Poptops use Scythes, and Mama Poptops wield gattling guns

Special Weapon: "Joestar Armor"

(Wearing the Joestar Armor will summon an ally "Poptop XIII", floating about and slashing down enemies. All 3 Pieces (Hamon Headband, Vampire's Robes, and Jailer's Jeans) have an Augment Slot)

14. ThornyFlora

15. LordRuin

LordRuin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Might I give a suggestion? I use frackin universe, and it adds alot of different early, mid, and late tier weapons to the game. Such as the Katana. Early on you can build low tier katana weapons. Would it be possible for you to add a class/classes of some sort to the mod that benefits from using Katanas, or other early/mid/late tier weapons added to the game by frackin universe? It would give people more options, and a reason to invest time into such weapons.

16. ThornyFlora

Please note that Katanas are considered 1-Handed Weapons, and thus are boosted by Dexterity. That means they are also boosted by Rogue's Weapon Bonus. In addition, the Google Doc mentions the Samurai Subclass, which gets a bonus with Katanas, among other things.

17. RedCore22

What about my idea?

18. ThornyFlora

Oh, sorry I forgot to reply. I was stressed because of an error in release 1.24 earlier. Classes, Subclasses and Specializations are basically complete, so I'm not taking anymore suggestions, but your suggestion is similar to the following:

Necromancer: A Wizard Subclass that will allow killed enemies to revive and help you in battle.
    Director: An Explorer Subclass that buffs companions and increases your own stats based on how many you have.
    Druid: A Rogue Subclass with an ability that makes all nearby monsters peaceful.
    Shapeshifter: A Wizard and Ninja Dual Specialization that allows you transform into 4 different monsters. One of these monsters is a Poptop, and for a short period in that form, an Adult Poptop.
    Ranger: An Offensive Specialization that buffs captured creatures.

Thanks for the suggestions nonetheless, and I hope you'll like one of the aforementioned Subclasses/Specializations once they are released.

RedCore22 likes this.
  19. RedCore22

Oh...Can we have it as a "Hidden" Class that only gets revealed after resetting from an high-enough level?
    Besides - Side from "Summon", you have class focus on the four of the five styles of Terraria (2 Melee, Range, Magic, and Throwing, alongside the explorer). So an Summon class named after another "world" would fit quite nicely.
    Also, what did you think about the effects and items?

20. ThornyFlora

I'm sorry, but making even one Class is very taxing. Making one that focuses heavily on animations like what you suggested - as Armor requires a lot of animation, and monsters as well (Poptop summon) - would be even more difficult. Combine that with the fact that I'd then have to round it out by creating more 'Secret' Classes and that I'd have to make it possible to even select a Secret Class and you got a whole lot more time I'd need to spend. It's just not feasible with the small size of our team and the fact that we have college and work on our schedules.

Don't get me wrong, the ideas you've listed aren't bad, and you even have a JoJo's reference, but it's just not something we will do. We are not making any more Classes, other than the ones listed on the Google Doc.