1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Sam's Band Song Defaults to "Farming, Mining, and Chopping Wood" No Matter What is Picked

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dwarfus, May 22, 2019.

1. Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

I'm on PC, unmodded, and my game is fully up to date. I've tested Sam's eight heart event on two files. For one, I picked "a city in the sea," and on the other, "trains." On both files, Sam's band played a song about "farming, mining, and chopping wood," despite me never choosing that option. Am I the only one who has encountered this bug?

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

It is my understanding that the subject choice doesn't matter and instead the song is based on the music style ("cheerful pop", "experimental noise rock", "hi-energy dance", or "honky-tonky country") suggested during Sam's 2-heart event.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Huh, odd. On one file, I chose cheerful pop music, and on the other one, I chose hi-energy dance music. On both of them, the song was still about farming, mining, and chopping wood. And I recall him playing the subject that was actually picked in previous versions of the fame.

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

The music style chosen in the 2-heart event doesn't affect what the song is said to be about, only the music file that is played (so for example, picking "experimental noise rock" gives you a song in that style that the OST calls "Sam's Band - Heavy"). As for this bug, I'm not sure what causes it but I have seen it happen before. (In the same play-through, I believe the music file was different from what had been chosen as well). Later save files in my game went back to making the right selections, so it may just be a glitch that pops up once in a while before going back to normal in subsequent play-throughs, but that doesn't explain why it happened to you twice in a row unless you just had some really bad luck...