1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Sandbox mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gimmesoup, May 28, 2013.

1. Gimmesoup

Gimmesoup Void-Bound Voyager

A sandbox mode that runs the same way as the regular game, except that you can pick items and spawn mobs.

Why? For the fun of it! I'd finally be able to test that afk build on HAN-D.

MisterS42 and Reciful like this.
    • Fox0427

Fox0427 Big Damn Hero

It would also be cool if you could build levels in it.

• Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

Stack Bustling Fungus, Barbed Wire, Fire Shield, Panic Mines, Mysterious Vial, and Toxic Worm on Han-D. Maybe some on-kill items like Happiest Mask or Gasoline or something.

Stand there and watch as you out-heal all the mobs while killing them.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Rename to debug mode, make it require you to have 100%'d the game before unlocking it in the full version, and is unlocked by default in the beta, and then you have a great idea. I've actually suggested this sort of thing before, being able to execute lines of code while playing, watching variables, etc.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Having a Level Editor or at least something to customise your levels instantly raises the replayability of games, especially if the Level Editor works well and gets nice results. Some games from fifteen years ago still have alive communities, many of which are packed with level builders, modders, scripters, etc..

Treadlight and Fox0427 like this.
            • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I want to elaborate on this, there are lines of code that cause things like items or monsters to appear. e.g. instance_create(oMiner.x,oMiner.y,oInfusion)