1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Sandbox 1.5.2

Sanbox turns Starbound into the sandbox game it was always meant to be

1. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

apinanaivot updated Sandbox with a new update entry:

1.5 - New monster sounds

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. apinanaivot

I'll see what can be done about the spawning.

3. apinanaivot

4. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

I've just about finished the Ruin planets, except for one problem. I need a horizon texture and a bookmark icon for the planet type.

5. Joseph K

Just finished making the Ruin Spawn naturally. The planet type will spawn in fiery stars only, because it's meant to be a tier six encounter. The planet type is titled Ruin and has the same icon and horizon as the planets from my Tentacle Planets mod (you should probably change that, especially the horizon so that it looks like the actual Ruin. I would do it, but I suck at drawing). The boss chamber is found the same way you find it in the final mission. Boss and boss room changes:
    *Removed saves points to prevent you from beaming down to that location after activating the save point.
    *Removed boss doors so that survival players won't have to /suicide to escape.
    *Removed Asra Nox.
    *Somewhat overhauled the Heart of Ruin boss fight.

I also buffed the max health of all tentacle monster types.

Attached Files:

6. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

VERY NICE! What boss will you do next?

7. Joseph K

I think I'll do Asra Nox next. It might be a challenge to integrate the cultist dungeons onto ocean planets, but it has to fit the progression. I'll probably remove Asra Nox's forcefield but make her never power down, but it will be a slight challenge to make her invincible before the fight starts.

8. tigerfestival

I look forward to this. If it proves too difficult to alter her capabilities then it might be best to go with vanilla capabilities, but only if altering her capabilities is too much of a task to pull off. As for her dungeon spawning, if getting it into the ocean is difficult perhaps you can put her occult base underground, as in you need to swim deep into the ocean then dig until you reached the underground, but only if placing her dungeon in the ocean is too difficult. Anyway good luck man I hope you excel.

Joseph K likes this.
  9. tigerfestival

I forgot to mention. I think the author is currently taking a break from the mod(due to lack of updates as of late)and will likely update the mod once all the bosses are done. I hope doing all of these bosses isn't too much of a task for one person to do.

10. Joseph K

Oh, it shouldn't be, it will just take a little while.

tigerfestival likes this.
  11. tigerfestival

Ok, good to hear, take your time.

12. apinanaivot

How do you exactly make the dungeons? I haven't made any myself, I tried to open the ixodoomnest in Tiled, but it said it's missing a tileset. Also sorry about being inactive, I am really busy right now so I don't have much time for modding.

13. Joseph K

I never could figure out the tileset thing. But I noticed I could open stuff in the game files. So what I would do when making a dungeon is copy something from the game files and put it in the testarena dungeon folder. Then when I wanted to make changes to the dungeon I would edit the one in the testarena folder and copy it, delete the one in the mod I'm working on, and paste the new one in. If you'd like me to make changes to the Ixodoom Nest I'd be glad to do that. Also it's fine, I'm pretty tied up in real life myself.

14. tigerfestival

Regarding the Ixodoom and the Nest. Will the nest spawn on ALL forest planets? Does the nest only spawn underground on the surface or can it spawn on either? You said the Ixodoom spawns in awkward locations, is it possible to still fight and defeat the Ixodoom in spite of the awkward spawning?

15. Joseph K

The Ixodoom Nest spawns on forest planets, the dungeon tends to spawn inside hills with large square open space around it, so it's still possible to fight it, it just seems kinda weird.

tigerfestival likes this.
  16. tigerfestival

Dude you're the freaking BOMB man! Fighting the Ixodoom is sooo much better and challenging than it is in Sandbound, not only that but it doesn't despawn into it's caccoon like in Sandbound. The spawning of the Ixodoom didn't seem awkward to me, and the Ruin planet looks fine as well so I see no need for Ruin Horizon. Dude keep at it man, keep it up man, I'm quite impressed with the work with these two bosses and their respctive dungeon/planet. I look forward to what you do with Asra,Big Ape etc.

17. Joseph K

Thanks, I'm glad these things are working out pretty well. I guess the tentacle horizon is fine, but it looks very rocky compared to the actual Ruin. But I guess if everyone's satisfied that shouldn't be much of a problem. At some point though I'm going to have to work on something for Heart of Ruin to drop.

18. tigerfestival

I remember the author saying something about wanting the bosses to drop loot such as high tier ore in a large quantity,strong rare equipment, a large amount of pixels etc. Perhaps you can apply these sometime in the future, although asking the author what loot he wants the bosses to drop is probably the best thing before attempting. In any case, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the bosses!

19. tigerfestival

Ok upon fighting the Ixodoom again, here is the proper feedback. The Ixodoom sometimes seems to face one direction and keep jerking back and forth for sometime or until it's shell is destroyed or restored, like with Sandbound, it sometimes tries to crawl around too much to the point it's crawling into the walls or ceiling, I think the Nest should be larger to take care of the 2nd problem, the 1st problem I have no idea, Sandbound's author even has difficulty with Ixodoom in getting to function properly. But at least it doesn't despawn like in Sandbound and that's annoying. Overall it's not bad, it uses it's attacks more and doesn't simply sit there and let me whack it, at least not for long periods. That was my feedback to say the least. I hope you excel with Asra Nox(since you said you're working on her)

20. LittleBirdGuy

LittleBirdGuy Space Hobo

guys am having a problem, I cant get past the starting planet, I have 20 core fragments to get to the outpost, if it still exists, but there isn't the gate on the planet, and I cant do anything on my ship, is there like a cheat command for this?