RELEASED Save Anywhere *New Home*

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Jun 8, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Good afternoon everyone, and today I'd like to announce my biggest project yet, the Save_Anywhere mod!

Now before you get super excited let me go over the basics of what this mod does.

Normally when you want to save you have to go to bed and go to the next day, which is typically ok. However, sometimes you want to save where you are and come back later to resume playing. What this mod does (at the time of writing) can be summarized like this.

1.Save the player's save file like going to bed would.
    -Things such as tiles watered, stamina, health, etc are preserved. Note that not everything that is
    normally saved is preserved.

2. Warp the player upon loading the game to the position they were when they saved. (Optional in config)
    3. Calculate shipping for the player upon saving (because items shipped aren't saved to a save file)
    4.Recalculate NPC's path finding to be as accurate as possible. *2.
    5. Simulate game time up until when the character loaded. *3 (Optional in config)
    6. Generated "save_anywhere saves" are deleted upon going to bed to prevent the character from being warped unnecessarily. One is always generated/updated when you save.
    7. Warps the Horse back into position.

Now the asterisks are for the following.

*1. There is an issue where if you happen to resize/move/alter the game's window while the game is starting up/loading, then the player will not properly warp back to their original location. If this happens, reload the game and don't alter the game window/screen.

*2. I discovered when you save the game and reload it, that NPCs get randomly warped around the world which caused a massive problem. When the mod loads it will calculate the NPC's original positions and put them back into their staring positions so it might take just a few seconds before the game loads all the way.

*3. I chose to rapidly simulate in game time so that NPCs would be able to properly path find back to their save-game positions. For every 2 real life seconds, 10 in game minutes will pass and NPCs will move considerably faster to make sure that they move back to their save-game positions. This will last until the game-time is updated to the time when the game was saved.

Now in order to save the mod, you just need to press a key while playing the game. "k" is the default key, but you can change this in the config file.

If anyone finds any issues while using this mod please post your message down below and I'll see if I can figure it out as this mod works as is, as I haven't tested the full breadth of what needs to be saved.

Thanks and have fun. =)

*Also please back up your save files just in case something goes wrong. Thanks!

-Alpha_Omegasis

*updated 6/8/16*
    -Fixed an issue where game time would never simulate. Now it can again.

Min Requirements:
    SMAPI 0.40
    Stardew Valley 1.07

Link: Here on Nexus!
    Source Code:Get it here!

Know Bugs:
    -Can't save in the Community Center or the Sewer. Some of the objects/characters in these locations aren't serializable to the save function. I disabled saving in these locations to prevent the game from crashing outright.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Save Anywhere 2.5 is now available!

Release notes:
      • Updated for SMAPI 2.0 (still compatible with SMAPI 1.15).
      • Overhauled save format.
      • Switched to standard JSON config file.
      • Fixed crash when saving in the community center.
      • Fixed crash during cutscenes.
      • Fixed load warp only happening after you move.
      • Fixed load not working after you exit to title.
      • Fixed some old data being restored if you reload after a normal save.
      • Fixed player/NPC facing directions not being restored.
      • Internal refactoring.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• JustinasX

JustinasX Space Hobo

Hello, this mod a little bit broken for me, I use "K" to save my game few times, but did not turn it off. So when I was ready to log off it was late and I went to sleep in bed and saved game again like that, next time loaded the game, I was in that place where I saved with mod and time same like saved that time, but day was the same like before I turned off game.
        Thanks for help.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• JustinasX

JustinasX Space Hobo

[19:09:19 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.0 with Stardew Valley 1.2.31 on Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
          [19:09:19 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: D:\Games\Stardew Valley\Mods
          [19:09:19 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2017-10-25T16:09:19 UTC
          [19:09:19 TRACE SMAPI] Overriding content manager...
          [19:09:19 TRACE SMAPI] Starting game...
          [19:09:26 TRACE SMAPI] Detecting common issues...
          [19:09:26 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mod metadata...
          [19:09:27 TRACE SMAPI] Loading mods...
          [19:09:27 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Save Anywhere from SaveAnywhere\SaveAnywhere.dll...

[19:09:27 INFO SMAPI] Loaded 1 mods:
          [19:09:27 INFO SMAPI] Save Anywhere 2.6.1 by Alpha_Omegasis | Lets you save almost anywhere.

[19:09:27 TRACE SMAPI] Context: locale set to en.
          [19:09:27 INFO SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage
          [19:09:27 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for SMAPI update...
          [19:09:30 TRACE SMAPI] Checking for updates to 1 keys...
          [19:09:59 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'titleScreenGameMode (0)', set to 'loadingMode (6)'.
          [19:09:59 TRACE Console.Out] getLoadEnumerator('Justin_167770125')
          [19:10:05 TRACE Console.Out] gameMode was 'loadingMode (6)', set to 'playingGameMode (3)'.
          [19:10:05 TRACE SMAPI] Context: loaded saved game 'Justin_167770125', starting fall 25 Y1.

• spacepanther

spacepanther Void-Bound Voyager

I've had this issue when I put anything in the box to sell and then save, it brings up the screen as if I've gone to bed, and then never lets me leave it. even if I press the ok button on the page

• ArtiusTheFox

ArtiusTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

This needs a comeback for 1.2, very useful mod.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ArtiusTheFox This does work in Stardew Valley 1.2; there's just a bug if you save anywhere after putting something in the shipping bin.

• ArtiusTheFox

ArtiusTheFox Void-Bound Voyager

Oh ok, that's a pretty bad bug wonder if it could be fixed.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ArtiusTheFox That's mainly up to @zipy199522. I may submit a pull request to fix it at some point, but unfortunately SMAPI development takes most of my time.

• izzydear

izzydear Space Hobo

I used the save anywhere mod while i was in skull cavern and now my animals haven't been producing or going back into their coop/barn during severe weather. I got rid of the mod and it fixed the issue.