1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Save File wont appear ingame

Discussion in 'Support' started by DragonFTW, Mar 21, 2016.

1. DragonFTW

DragonFTW Aquatic Astronaut

My save file doesn't appear ingame while it still exists in the save folder. I tried to switch it out with a new characher, but it just crashs. I have put around 30h into the save file and I really dont want to restart. I seen some other people have the same problem but their awensers never really worked for me.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    • Yusuke Urameshi

Yusuke Urameshi Space Kumquat

Can you upload your save file and savegameinfo file either as a .zip file or upload them to www.filedropper.com and copy pasting the links here?

• DragonFTW

• Yusuke Urameshi

Your save file only has NULL values in it and cannot be fixed.
        Do you have a backup? If not,
        Try right clicking within the
        C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves
        folder then hit properties, then under the previous versions tab, see if there are any previous version of your save file.
        If there is nothing there, I am sorry, you will have to start over.
        I suggest making backups next time.
        Also there is a save editor you can use to help get some of your progress back:
        http://community.playstarbound.com/...-inventory-editor-thanks-to-midgetman.108255/

• DragonFTW

Thx luckly I have a really old backup. Save editor cant really edit days and relationship, so do u know how to edit those?

• Yusuke Urameshi

If you type ctrl+f in your save file you can search the word "friendships" and the values are in that section. I've never edited these.
            If you search "year" you can find every instance of a date within your save file and change that. I've edited this and it works fine.
            Make backups first though.
            There's more information on how to start editing save files in beginning of my tutorial: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-fix-corrupted-save-files-tutorial.110048/

• DragonFTW

thx