1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Save seems Corrupted. Need advice!

Discussion in 'Support' started by honochan, May 31, 2018.

1. honochan

honochan Aquatic Astronaut

Hey everyone!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my post.

So I have attempted all of the trouble shooting for fixing corrupted saves and nothing has solved my issue. I tried to do some research to see if anyone has had the same problem as me but I haven't come across anything yet so I would just like some insight on what it could be. I haven't been able to play in a few days due to work
    (my game was fine when I last played, haven't touched it since last week) so this morning I decided to load up my game and continue on with my farm life but when I got to the load menu my saves looked like this:

[​IMG]

I spazzed out but figured it could just be a glitch but when I attempted to load both of the saves, my entire game would crash. My save files seem to be totally intact and I have tried removing any mods as well as reinstalling the game.

I would really really appreciate any help! I can't bare to lose my progress, especially since I had one more day until my final home upgrade would be finished...

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at StardewValley.GameLocation.seasonUpdate(String season, Boolean onLoad)
    at StardewValley.Game1.setGraphicsForSeason()
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__51.MoveNext()
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @honochan. That usually happens when you play Stardew Valley 1.3 beta, then try to load those saves with Stardew Valley 1.2. You can't load a 1.3 beta save in 1.2 (at least not without significant edits to the save file). If you didn't mean to opt out of the beta, Steam sometimes seems to opt you out automatically; make sure you're opted in through Steam, then try resetting your game files. Let me know if that doesn't fix it.

honochan likes this.
      • honochan

honochan Aquatic Astronaut

THANK YOU! That was exactly the issue, everything is back to normal now! I could just hug you!

Pathoschild likes this.