1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Savefile corrupted - please help?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chickenwhite, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Chickenwhite

Chickenwhite Space Hobo

So I had that bug where the save-file becomes inaccessible after a computer-crash, and my friend told me to go here for help so... Here I am.
    I need someone tech-savvy to fix my game - pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top? I'd be forever in your debt, I've sunk 110 hours into this darn game...
    Thank you very much in advance!

Attached Files:

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

Can you tell me the purpose of including a backup of your save file in that zip? I'm not sure what I'm expected to do with them.

The files without the _old in their file name are unsalvageable. All of the data was corrupted.

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

If you use Windows and have File History on, you could right click the files, select properties, select the previous versions tab and explore the shown options. If you don't have a file history available, then there isn't much you can do. If you use steam cloud save, delete or move the files out of the folder and start stardew valley.

• Chickenwhite

Chickenwhite Space Hobo

Aaww... Darn it... Well, thank you very much, you two, seems like I just have to start over. I'll try the cloud-option, but I've already tried deleting the game and reinstalling it to force a cloud-download, nothing helped.

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

I'm just... confused?
            You have four files in that zip, and the ones that you renamed _old still work just fine.

• Stinkehund

Stinkehund Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, she didn't rename them - the game makes backups of the last save now.
              So that is the savefile before her crash that corrupted the new one.

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

OOOOOH
                Thank you for explaining that to me.
                I own the GOG version and will avoid updating to v1.07 since I hear stories of spouses bulldozing objects on the player's farm, lol.
                Now I know.