Modding Discussion "Saving" NPCs from Custom Prison

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Omeruin, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Omeruin

Omeruin Void-Bound Voyager

Heya. Everyone doin' well? I know I am.
    Anyways, onto the topic.

Is there a way to make it so that when you talk to an NPC that you are saving from a dungeon or prison, that they thank you and then teleport away permanently? Just curious if this could be possible since I want to make a 'evil prison' for my Race mod. Got some baddies that are keepin' people behind bars unlawfully.

Would it have to be some sort of .lua file or could it be done from the dialog file? (I don't think it can be done from the dialog file, but I'm just wondering..) I'm thinking about how to make it work but I'm gonna need some other minds to help me on this one. And if not, what are some ideas to make this prison work if it's not possible?

The NPCs that are trapped will not be hostile, they will be friendlies. I'm already making an .npctype file where they have custom dialogue depending on the race. So, if they aren't able to teleport away when you "save" them, should they talk about how they'll try to live in the prison because they have no way to get home? Would that work / make sense?
    (The prisons are gonna be underground specifically by the way, but there is an entrance on the surface.)

[P.S. If this belongs more in Modding Help, I'm sorry! I wasn't sure which Prefix to pick.]