1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SBSE - Customize your player colors using any color!

Discussion in 'Other' started by Phaze, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearffalo

bearffalo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do I get this piece of art and is it still compatible with the newest version ?

2. marioman888

marioman888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

right in the comment before yours.
    I'll have to check if it's compatible.

3. bearffalo

Arent these just open source files, or am i just too stupid to figure out how to install this ?

4. marioman888

marioman888 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

damn, you're right. they ARE source files. gotta wait for someone to update it to 1.0

5. BobertLocke

BobertLocke Big Damn Hero

Really hope someone picks this up soon, my bird is the wrong shade of blue and its really upsetting!

6. bearffalo

Im checking the forum daily for news on this, the thing that buggs me the most in vanilla creation is the lack of Eye colour selection... well apart from glitch I guess..

7. Bruised Spartan

Bruised Spartan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I have found that Starcheat is able to edit colors just like SBSE, it takes much more time with armor, but with player colors it's more simple and quick.
    If I wasn't so bad at explaining things I would've given a detailed explanation, but I can't unfortunately.

8. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

you have to have insane memory of all color values to do it in starcheat, it's just so much more tedious and not worth it

9. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like SBSE has an update, but its not properly installing, hopefully this bug gets fixed soon.

10. Thaddeus_Moon

Thaddeus_Moon Void-Bound Voyager

An update? Where is the download link? As I click on the one on the start of this thread but it just gives me a 404.

11. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

If you have SBSE, just launch it while online, it tries to detect an update automatically, or use the question mark button on the UI to bring up the site for it.

12. Thaddeus_Moon

Thaddeus_Moon Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, it tells me to select the Starbound folder - but when I do it gives me the message "Could not read bootstrap config. Make sure Starbound folder is correct.

This only occurred after the update, It's updated to 0.11.0e so I'm not sure what to do as it won't load the characters at all.

13. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It has been 0.11.0 since April 11th of this year. SBSE doesn't know where to look for the assets, or characters since Starbound 1.0 was released.

14. kleptoparasite

kleptoparasite Yeah, You!

So is anyone working on updating this or has it been abandoned? I know phaze left it but i haven't heard about anyone else trying to fix it yet.

15. bearffalo

LazerRay does this new version work for you on 1.0 ?

16. Repulse

Repulse Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gaah... I hope they fix this issue soon; whoever would get involved in fixing it.

17. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

My copy of SBSE can't update, the program detects it, but fails to install, so right now SBSE doesn't work for me until the update gets fixed>

18. BobertLocke

BobertLocke Big Damn Hero

That update bug has always been there, there is no update.

What the hell happened to all the people who were whining that SBSE wasn't made open source? You got what you wanted, so where did y'all go?

19. Edelweiss

Edelweiss Void-Bound Voyager

i think they gave up on waiting

20. Guy Weekday

Guy Weekday Intergalactic Tourist

I have no mods installed, but when i try to run the software it says "error could not read bootstrap config" Literally all I have done is download and try to run the software using the latest version of starbound, so whatever giraffe that is. Is there something I missed? (It's midnight so im too spacey to effectively search through the comments at the moment)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.