Mob Scale Mob Movement Speed and Add Knockback

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Anuril, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Anuril

Anuril Orbital Explorer

Have you ever tried running past(and jumping over) a mob, only to end up landing RIGHT ON TOP OF IT? Or maybe tried to recover your stuff in survival, only to find that the strong enemies that flash and do super damage can OUTRUN YOU AND KILL YOU QUICK, since you have no bandages to fight them, or food to buff your speed?

I propose that all Mobs, ESPECIALLY PROCEDURALLY GENERATED MOBS, should have their Movement Speed SCALE TO PLANET TIER, where their current maximum speed(for quadrupeds at least) should be the Speed of T6-7 Enemies, and about somewhere between 1/6th and 1/2 that value be for Tier 1.

This would also create interest in Armour, Weapons, EPPs and Augments that would boost Movement Speed, as well as some way to use Sprint Tech/Dash Tech as a means of Escape from Mobs(because even with Air Dash, I can't get away from them as it stands, haven't tried Sprint Tech yet and might consider it if others believe it works in outrunning mobs)

Also, their current Excessive Movement Speed is fast enough so that I can't hit them fast enough as my reaction time would have to be less than 1/8 of a second.

And finally, there's no knockback or stopping a charging enemy once they're running. Hitting them Hard, doesn't make any impact whatsoever on their movement speed, which is completely unrealistic. Any Hit to the face in real life would stop an enemy right away, and maybe even knock him away if it's strong enough.

Basically(for those who don't want to read a wall of text): Scale Enemy Movement Speed to Planet Tier, and Add Knockback so that Enemies can stop charging past a hit to the face from the Player's Weapons.