1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Screen flickering still a problem?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kiio, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Kiio

Kiio Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone,

I played quite a bit of Starbound when it first came around on Steam, accumulated about 100 hours or so. I hadn't played in a long time and I heard about 1.3, so I redownloaded it to try it out. Unfortunately I immediately ran into issues that plagued me back then too.

My current monitor resolution is 2560x1080, but the game's only official ultrawide resolution is 2560x1440, albeit I don't believe it even matters since the game does its best to scale to your screensize once you go Fullscreen/Borderless Window. It seems any way that you try to make the game fullscreen, will make you susceptible to insane flickering.

The game flickers on the bottom half randomly, even after disabling v-sync in the game files (which was supposedly a quick fix), as well as my AMD game optimizer. I even tried disabling display scaling on high DPI setting in the Steam Properties, a supposed working fix for some. Nothing seems to get the game to NOT flicker when in fullscreen.

Playing the game at a smaller resolution, windowed will run the game just fine.. but is there anything wrong with wanting to immerse yourself in a world like Starbound? I just wish there was a solid fix for this.

I'm running on AMD both CPU and GPU. My Radeon drivers are currently 17.6.2, the latest available.