1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Screen freezes, game still running

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by fluffydoodles, Sep 29, 2016.

1. fluffydoodles

fluffydoodles Void-Bound Voyager

After recently re-installing Starbound, I've come across an incredibly annoying issue. For no apparent reason, my game screen will freeze, but the game is still running. I can hear sounds, music, and most recently, the sound of my character getting murdered. The only fix is to close the window and restart. I'm on Windows 10, playing in windowed mode with no mods. Since it's not a full-on crash, I can't seem to find any bug reports. It happens randomly, with no consistent trigger. Sometimes it happens after ten minutes, sometimes after two hours.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.
    Also provide your full specs and make sure that your drivers are up to date.

~ Iris ~

3. knking1000

knking1000 Big Damn Hero

I'm having the same problem (although, five years later lol) could I get some help? I think this is the right log.

Attached Files:

4. Norkal0105

Norkal0105 Space Hobo

Hi, having the same problem, but my game i moded a bit so there is that, but i don't think that is the problem since i am having the exact same problem. The specs are in Norwegian sorry about that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022