1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED SD Starbound Tweaks 2.0.1 [Pleased Giraffe]

Powering up the near useless.

1. Segenam

Segenam Phantasmal Quasar

Segenam submitted a new mod:

SD Weapon Mods - Powering up the near useless.

Read more about this mod...

2. McAule

McAule Void-Bound Voyager

Nice mod.
    Spartan warrior with spear and shield :)
    Is it for PG?

3. Segenam

Oh yes, I should add that to the top shouldn't I?

not sure if it'll still be working after the combat update but I'll do my best to do so... just don't know what changes the next big update holds.

4. McAule

Question though. If Manipulator is acting like a one handed sword, it won't be able to collect materials from backround only from foreground? Because I'm unable to collect resources from background. It's not a big problem as I can always use a pickaxe for this task, but was wondering if you're able to make it work like one handed and dig fore and background?

5. Segenam

As I said in the description of the mater manipulator, just change the hand your holding it in... right click to change it to background and left click to change it to foreground. but I have a feeling I'll be answering this question a lot.

Also it's unable to be changed, since it's the way starboard handles left and right click (you can only left click something in your left and and right click with right hand).

*begins rambling*
    though I also don't see how I'd go about fixing this even if I could since if you could mine the back wall while in your left hand you'd be mining out the wall while attacking with a sword in left.... I'd probably have to check to see if the other hand to see if it has a click action.... unless you want it to mine both for and background in one go.... hmm.... but then that causes all of it's own issues if you just wanted to pick up a chest.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  6. Segenam

Segenam updated SD Weapon Mods with a new update entry:

Watering Your Way to Victory

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1440852808][/DOUBLEPOST]Now with the watering can and matter manipulator (though the can is considered a "sword") I'm starting to think I need a new name for this mod...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. Segenam

Throwing Weapons

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Segenam

Opsies

Read the rest of this update entry...

9. McAule

I haven't paid attention, but does throwables ricochet from surfaces? Any bumerang type weapons ingame? For example shuriken could ricochet from surface onto enemies etc.

Or maybe a katana and a shuriken in each hand? Or dual-wield? Sword or a knife, basicaly one handed and throwable? For a ninja in us ;)
    I can see some great potential in this mod.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  10. Segenam

Some throw-ables kinda ricochet but barely and seems more like a bug than anything, if any. boomerangs exist in the nightly but do not exist in the game yet, wait for the Combat update chuckle fish is putting out and that will make all the combat dreams come true.

on a side note there is kuni, knifes, shuriken (though the snowflake version is possible to make), darts, needles and some other things that you can spawn with admin commands... though I haven't done anything with these as I have yet to actually see them in game or in the treasure file.

I did have an idea to make a throwing weapon crafting table in witch to make all the throwing weapons craft able once found in world (adding the ones that aren't craft-able as yet to the thrown weapon treasure pool).

but I am no artist and as such I wouldn't know to make a decent looking throwing weapon station.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  11. McAule

Why not use pre existing ones, like Iron Anvil etc. to craft throwables?

12. Segenam

I could, and I want to use it in some areas... but if you've played any decent sized modpack having that many items pop up gets annoying fast trying to find that one thing you want to craft and I'd rather not have my mod be the cause of even more struggle.

though I guess the anvil doesn't have too many things and the ranged weapons are currently there as it is... just there will be at least 5 more items added, and that's just what I mentioned above... with the inclusion of things like throwing blocks, grenades, and other items that aren't craft able at the moment it really would really add up fast.

There is about as many throwing items in the game (not all craft-able at this time) as their is items in the anvil at the start of the game... that probably leans towards needing a new crafting station for them.

13. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

14. Segenam

haynesy566 likes this.
  15. McAule

Then take an Iron Anvil as a sample, change colour, name and that's it no need to draw a new station.

16. Segenam

meh I guess so, may as well get to work on it... was hoping for something smaller than the anvil (it's just throwing items) but I'll see what I can do. may go for a wall mounted station if I can find something I can upgrade. I'll find something I can use for it.

side note, I have an other mod, not released that focuses on items in the game not many but ups things like plutonium so it's actually a useful fuel source, makes it so the refinery is no longer useless and so on.... should I just rename this post and add to it (as a mod pack essentially) or should I just drop that off in an other post.... decisions decisions.

17. McAule

You can always combine them into one mod, to simplify things and instead of having several mods focus on one bigger mod :)

18. Segenam

Okay sounds like a plan I'll probably be changing the name of this one then... probably something along the lines of SD Starbound Tweaks or the like

19. Tofu Mc Dog

Tofu Mc Dog Starship Captain

I have been fooling around with your beamaxe mechanic for a few days now and I was wondering if you could change hands with a hotkey? That is because I found the flow of mining to be disrupted by the mouse movement when changing hands.
    This is kind of a luxury issue, I know, but still - for my hands this would improve the flow of the game.

20. McAule

I think its "R" button.