RELEASED Seasonal Outfit Changes

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Tanpoponoko, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Tanpoponoko

Tanpoponoko Big Damn Hero

The issue with those characters is that I didn't want the designs to overlap with longevity's, so any characters that you see that don't have outfits are ones that they have already created. We can't use their sprites without their permission just yet! I've reached out to the artists in hopes of getting permission, so maybe soon they will be included. For now, if you'd like to use them, you'll have alter our mod to include their sprites, and only for personal use.

Those are adorable! :D Either style would be great!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Ahh, I see. Thank you for the information.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

well, if i did the first style i can get about 1 outfit set done at a time, if i do the second i can get about 3 :rofl: which would you prefer?

• Chill-T

Chill-T Phantasmal Quasar

..Ah, dang. That's even more embarrassing. ^^; I just checked and chuckled to myself. I apologize for the silly mistakes.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ByJBuSbUPs0NWchIaOEVi9ramHlk1_wX/view?usp=sharing

I just woke up, so I have no new portraits. :D Here's a preview of Harvey I was working on last night.
          harvs.png

And I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have made portrait mods for the community to use. I'm happy to contribute to your mod in some way. ^^ And thank you so much for giving more input for the outfits! (And for Maru's sweater! What a lifesaver! :cry:)

Edit: It dawned on me that Harvey's summer and summer rain were related. I'll fix it into the argyle sweater.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
            Tanpoponoko likes this.
          • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I prefer the 2nd style tbh, I like the chibi look!

Tanpoponoko likes this.
            • coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

Chill-T and Tanpoponoko like this.
            • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i like the second too ^^ if tanpoponoko agrees then i will do that version

• Tanpoponoko

Yeah, I think that'd be great! It'd look really cute with some of the lighter mods, like the starry sky interface!

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

Tanpoponoko likes this.
                • Tanpoponoko

They look great to me!

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

neato, i just got up but after breakfast and a couple commishes(and getting an error log for someone on nexus) i can do more ^^

• Chill-T

Update Progress! I decided to withdraw from uploading Harvey's summer portrait yesterday, so I can completely write him off the checklist. :D All of Harvey's seasonal portraits are finished! It's going to be a pain to include a white alternate alongside Harvey's no glasses/beard varieties, but I've included it in the files if you guys still want it. I've also done Maru's spring portrait as well. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FLENvGdQZT_UfLNJRvd6BmZKwepWgiS8/view?usp=sharing
                      harvey.png

Hey, thanks! This will be helpful for sure. ^^ I hope you'll look forward for further updates from all of us.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
                        simply_fabulous and Tanpoponoko like this.
                      • Tanpoponoko

Ahhh these are so cute!! Amazing work!!

Chill-T likes this.
                        • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

Chill-T likes this.
                        • Chill-T

I decided to give a go at the winter portraits again, so I can complete the near-finished NPCs. Elliot is successfully off the checklist! Not exactly proud of it, but I hope the cap patterns are what you had in mind.^^ https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VZnyXXE9ZE-06yU3EObCYg9RyhTte1tK/view?usp=sharing
                          elliott.png
                          I'd like to note that updates will slow a little due to stuff I have to tend to. ^^
                          (I'd also like to say that Zosa's chibi Elliot is adorable. I'm definitely looking for more :D)
                          Edit: Apparently forgot to shade in the flat cap, now fixed

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
                          • paradigmnomad

paradigmnomad Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is that blue just part of the preview? Because the actual sprites need to have a transparent background.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it is just so whomever turns this into a viable portrait sheet knows where the borders are X'''D the blue represents transparency so the white edges are not accidentally assumed to be part of the art, to make it transparent the blue just has to be removed or hidden, no other part of the art has that colour(that being said the posted png is the wrong size as the white borders make it too large by several pixels, the images need to be laid over a copy of the original. when i mean raw pngs i totally mean raw X''''D

are there any other elliot versions that need doing or should i go on to the next set? also i only have like 6 villiagers i super want to do (elliot, harvey, pam, george, sandy, and linus) so i would totally need direction on who to draw next week if you guys aren't tired of my laziness by then X'''D

• Chill-T

Lewis is completed! Figured the file is small enough to upload directly.
                                Currently working on Emily, but her spring portrait is a disaster. T-T) I'm holding it off for now to work on her summer portrait instead. I'll work around her hair more.
                                Emily Spring.jpg Emily Summer.jpg
                                I figured that I shouldn't base it off completely from Demawoo, so I went with HopeWasHere's design (if that is alright, of course), or I could mix both outfits in, I'm not sure yet. I'd like to have your input.
                                Update: Nevermind, decided to trust my gut feeling and finished it a lot quicker than I thought. :D I'll upload once I have everything done.
                                Screenshot (1717).png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
                                • Tanpoponoko

Sorry for the slow reply, I'm busy with the new semester and I'm studying for grad school entrance exams, so my updates/responses might be a bit slow in the next few weeks.

I think all the new portraits look amazing, I think Emily's spring outfit is very cute! Marvelous work, I especially love Elliott's cap! I'll see if I can add the new portraits to the mod sometime this week, and I'll try to add some new luau sprites too :)

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

for the record, if an outfit isn't present on the first page it means the default is being used, right?

also sorry i have been slow, work first games second :rofl: harvey's default outfit is done;

https://sta.sh/21l3fwmr62cm?edit=1