NPC Secretary Bot/NPC

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Myouhiro, May 31, 2015.

1. Myouhiro

Myouhiro Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know how feasible this is or if anyone's brought it up before but I think it would be awesome to have either a unique interracial secretarial designated robot (With minor color and plating customization options) that has a limited AI that can be programmed to complete basic tasks by the player. Things such as welcoming guests to a building, scanning players and letting them pass if on a certain white-list or if they pay a fee, like a customs worker for a colony or someone to check security authorization for certain levels of a facility. Or maybe they can be programmed as a bartender and be able to collect payment for goods such as drinks, take bets on a racing match or fighting match, and deal out winnings to players that bet well, direct people who are arriving at say a refugee camp to be authorized entry and filtered into the system so they can be kept track of, monitor and assist guests at a hotel or in someone's house if say the guest wants directions to certain facilities, the pool, or the bar, or if they order room service bring what was ordered and record the bill.
    Again I don't know how feasible it would be I just think it'd be a cool idea.

PabloElPuas and Warpeddemetrius like this.
  2. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

good idea

3. GameDragonZero

GameDragonZero Subatomic Cosmonaut

Actually it'd be nice to have some basic NPC scripting you can set in conversation. The Secretay Bot can be a good practice case.

I'd like to see some ability to set/influnece NPC behavior.