NPC Self-colonizing

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Clawxxlx, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Clawxxlx

Clawxxlx Void-Bound Voyager

Will there be NPC's that will be able to build fortresses and villages so you can use siege mechs.And they will be able to evolve into discovering new tehnologies and finaly geting from prehistorical to space ages?

2. Kint

Kint Star Wrangler

Well, I sure hope a civilization system like this will be implemented, as this would would be a pretty awesome addition to the game. The only problem I could see with this would be the complexity of the coding. :/

Clawxxlx likes this.
  3. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

they can procedurally gen. dungeons.
    anyways... I think I read something somewhere about NPCs being able to build on their own (although it may have been idle speculation).
    even if they can't, theres a good chance of stealthy procedural generation when they are off-screen.

Clawxxlx likes this.
  4. Kint

Kint Star Wrangler

Well, yes, I was mostly referring to the procedural generation of buildings, it might get a bit complex if they were to not use pre-made rooms like they did with the dungeon in the last screenshot Tiy revealed.

5. Bobot The Robot

Bobot The Robot Space Spelunker

I know I saw that in the Terraria dev's future ideas - but yeah, if you think about it with their procedural gen they could in theory have NPC towns/bases. I would like to see it for sure.