1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Separate Control Settings for Separate Devices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Treadlight, May 31, 2013.

?

????

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

A dual suggestion. Firstly, allowing to have a different control scheme for each connected device. And, if it doesn't already do this, allow for multiple keyboards to be used.

GERCharon likes this.
    • Reciful

Reciful Orbital Explorer

Not sure if multiple keyboards would work since having multiple keyboards just act as the same keyboard.
      ex: Keyboard 1 and 2 are plugged into a computer. Keyboard 1 presses space, then Keyboard 2 presses space. The output is two spaces, but there's no way to distinguish the difference between which keyboard typed which space.

I would like, however, something like different sets of key bindings for either player, like you mentioned (ex: player 1 uses arrow keys and numpad 0123, player 2 uses WASD and jkl;).

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

That's not quite what I meant, but that works, too. I meant different control settings for separate gamepads in particular, the keyboards thing was a last minute idea.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

That's already possible, I believe. My friend uses the default controller control scheme, while I use a custom one.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

I have not seen an option anywhere to do that.

• okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

Multiple keyboards is impossible, but different control schemes could be done. It would be interesting to see how the devs reply (if they do) to this one. I personally support this idea.