1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Serra Cruiser, Solar Cruiser and Astral Cruiser 1.11

Cruise in space with style

1. iroaseta

iroaseta Aquatic Astronaut

Iroaseta submitted a new mod:

Solar Cruiser - Cruise in space with style

Read more about this mod...

Dragon_Tom005 likes this.
  2. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

3. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Wow! i really love the style. I also loved Treasure Planet.

Might i request a version for the Kazdra (reloaded)? :pwease:

4. Zach9o9

Zach9o9 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would it be possible to get this, or somehow modify this with the "Captain's Cabin - Large" variant? If there's a link to do this manually, just post it and I'll gladly do it myself. :>

5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I'm taking a break for modding for now since I was doing it too much until I skimmed through a lot of stuffs and made some mistake. :3

It's possible if you tweak most of the png files like the ship image, decal and the RGB images yourself. I'm not sure what do you meant by a link to do this manually but if you meant like a set of already edited files like the original mod then no, I've not done that.

6. Zach9o9

I meant like a tutorial on how to do this. I should have been a tad clearer, my mistake and I apologize for my lack of information.

7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Well, you need some art software that supports transparency so the window's paint is a no-go. I personally use GIMP 2 as that is free but anything works if it works.
    Just make sure you download the original one first and compare them side by side so you can have a better idea. You need to edit 3 kind of images.

1) The first one is the so called "RGB" file, or the block file where it determines what kind of block / objects appears where and what area can you go and not go. It is easily recognisable by its huge splat of red colour so open them up. Then you can compare the classic and captain - large difference in how the red lines are drawn, and make correspond changes to suit you need. You've to make this change to every single RGB / block file as each tier will use different RGB / block file.
    2) The second one is the ship image themselves. Just make some edit to the floor / wall and save them or else it won't make any sense to the changes you've made in the RGB files. It can be easily done by some area selection with delete and copy-paste for this case as you're only altering the size of captain's room. After you've done altering you can then copy the large section of the edited area, then delete the original area in other ship image and paste it for easier editing.
    3) The final one is the lit image (which I named as decal for this mod) for ship, which acts like another layer to tell the game which area is bright and which area is dim. Just make sure the transparency / opacity of the floor / wall you're editing is 50% as that is what I used originally. The higher the opacity the dimmer the area will be in game fyi. You also have to do this for every decal like how it is for ship image.

After that then it's done!

8. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Actually I had to wait for something and the time was enough for me to make some quick changes so here you go. Let me know if there's something wrong though and backup your storage folder before trying to use this as I've not test it out.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tVe-LFrbVWjWwD8jKEjFrj1TTzJyU7fn

9. Zach9o9

Some work in GIMP and I got the ship to work! Thanks for your help! Even figures out packing and unpacking .pak files too!

I'm not sure if I should upload it, considering it's kind of a simple process to change, and maybe including the unpacked files for people who may want to try modifying other race's ships. Maybe if there's more clammor for it?

10. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Go ahead! :3

11. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

Could you make a version for the Lamia? I love the design!

12. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

14. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

15. Dragon_Tom005

Thank you thank you thaaaank you. you are on a whole new level of modding and i love it :DD
    Do you know if it works for 1.4?
    (late reply. sry)

Edit: tried to use it with the steam version of the official kazdra mod & the forums version of the kazdra mod and it doesn't show up for either of them in 1.4

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  16. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Can you give me the link to the kazdra mod you subscribed?

17. Dragon_Tom005

18. Dragon_Tom005

do you know if maybe it has to do with mod loading priority?

19. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I haven't taken a look on it because I've been busy with life primarily, and I've other priorities on other mods I'm trying to make so I'm afraid you've to wait a few days more for it.

20. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest