1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Server Causes Machine To Hang Randomly

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Zoryn4163, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

I have a remote machine that a friend allows me to use for hosting various game servers as my internet is atrocious. This machine is Windows 7, 64bit, and I am running Glad Giraffe Update 3 from the win64 folder manually. After a completely random amount of time, the server will die and the entire machine will lock up and must be hard-reset. Afaik no crashes show up anywhere, and there are no errors within the windows event viewer.

2. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Sounds like an issue with your hardware (especially if the entire OS is locking up). Run a test on your RAM and hard drive to make sure those are good (I suggest memtest86+ and there's several decent hard drive testing utilities, you can also do a quick check of the SMART data to see if it's reported as failing).

3. Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

I think that it is as well, however after checking the SMART data and running memtest no issues were found. I had already done these things before posting :)

As a side note: I also run a Terraria server on the machine 24/7 and have not once had an issue with it. It is only when running a starbound server (both dedicated and in tandem with terraria) that the machine will lock up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.