Set gear!

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Asombra, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Asombra

Asombra Void-Bound Voyager

Set gears should be rare, hard to make and give some realy extravagant effects. Imagine a boss that shot laser beans throught it's mouth. You kill it and it gives you a part of the set. Then you explore that planet some more, and find the blueprint for the other 2~3 parts. When you wear it all you can shot that same laser bean but gives you the same weakness that it had(and maybe look like a smaller version of that boss, like... Wearing his skin). (That's the idea)

Imagine now. Some other ideas.

Robot gear: You move slower when hurt, has extra resistance to thunder, but can't go underwater. And add something as... You can mine with you bare hands. And of course Super Strenght!

Symbiotic set: Gives you some resistances and weakness, and you can go throught places that you wouldnt fit other ways.(Small tunels...) But drains your life over time.

Just some ideas. Sorry about my english. Not my native language.

Deus, Dukie and TehEpikMonk like this.
  2. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

It seems fun, although if it's really powerful, it should be REALLY hard to get. Maybe killing the two hardest monsters on the planet give you a chance of getting the first two parts/blueprints, and then killing the boss gets you the third part/blueprint.

By the way, your English isn't that bad.

3. Asombra

I wasn't thinking about something too powerfull. Just some estra fun shiny things. (Thants about the english stuff xD)

4. Dukie

Dukie Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea. The set bonuses in Terraria were very useful.

5. Asombra

All I want is that this bonuses to be more than just numbers.

6. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they said something about set bonuses in the faq. ^_^

7. doused

doused Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i agree. makes it worth going for gear. and that accomplished feeling after having the full set.